Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My National trip and pick ups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
So this week I made the trek to the 2010 National with my wife, I had planned last year to go this year for the entire time, but I've been more and more involved over the last year with the Falmouth Commodores of the Cape League and the National falls during our playoffs. This season I knew more teams were making the playoffs than ever before, which is a great change for the league, so I wouldn't be able to make the National.

But then it came about that to get our team sets done and picked up I could save us a lot of money by driving to Baltimore to pick the cards up, so wednesday my wife and I set out on an over night trip to the National and to get the cards.

Mike of the 200lb variety did a great job designing the cards again this season and friday I had the team sign a good number of them. We did Green, Red, Blue and Black variations. I wanted to share them and will be posting more scans as I go along.

The first is one of my good friends from the team, and an all around great player and person, Andrew Susac. Sorry if this hurts Philly fans.

2010Susac.jpg

We will be numbering them /2, /5, /10 and not sure on blacks print run varies per player. I think most signed were Susac and BA Vollmuth.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks E, great to meet you in person, sorry I wasn't around long enough to get to chat. Had to get back for playoffs, which didn't turn out so well, but still wouldn't trade this season for anything.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
beefycheddar said:
Thanks E, great to meet you in person, sorry I wasn't around long enough to get to chat. Had to get back for playoffs, which didn't turn out so well, but still wouldn't trade this season for anything.

no worries Brother. it was nice to meet you, Mrs. Beef and Lil Papi as well :)

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
will my boy Tony Zych have one of those or was it not a part of it?

No, it was only Falmouth in the set. He did win prospect of the year and relief pitcher of year though in the league. Every year but last year for quite some time the Prospect of the year has been a first rounder.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
AndrewSusac2008AFLACAuto.jpg

I forgot to add this to the original post, Susac signed a few of these. Everyone on the team ribbed him about the picture on this card, and he said the catchers on the team were forced to do the backwards hat. I asked him if he wanted one of them for his host parents, and he said he was all set since he had about 200 of them at home in a box somewhere.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
beefycheddar said:
AndrewSusac2008AFLACAuto.jpg

I forgot to add this to the original post, Susac signed a few of these. Everyone on the team ribbed him about the picture on this card, and he said the catchers on the team were forced to do the backwards hat. I asked him if he wanted one of them for his host parents, and he said he was all set since he had about 200 of them at home in a box somewhere.

Great card! I hope the best for him.

It was a lot of fun at the Nationals. I didn't spend much time at the FCB booth, because I was hooked on the wax! HA

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
You seemed to do pretty well on Wax though. Andrew is a great kid, and hope for the best for him. If he isn't drafted as high as he hopes we could have him back next season, but he is a draft eligible Soph, so who knows. For the team I'd love to see him again, but for him personally would love to see him drafted high. He deserves it. He put a ton of work in with a hitting coach and was tremendous all summer. Here is a video of him taking BP at Fenway for the All Star Game.

[youtube:399vwcdx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBixl4pmW0I[/youtube:399vwcdx]

Unlike Doug Mirabelli he does take the customary bunts in BP.

(Only Gilmore probably gets that joke)

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
02fc024a.jpg

Wanted to add some more images, here are my favorite printing plates that I own.... Everyone who was here at the end of the season signed all 4 sets of plates.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
beefycheddar said:
You seemed to do pretty well on Wax though. Andrew is a great kid, and hope for the best for him. If he isn't drafted as high as he hopes we could have him back next season, but he is a draft eligible Soph, so who knows. For the team I'd love to see him again, but for him personally would love to see him drafted high. He deserves it. He put a ton of work in with a hitting coach and was tremendous all summer. Here is a video of him taking BP at Fenway for the All Star Game.

[youtube:19807z4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBixl4pmW0I[/youtube:19807z4g]

11:30 Walks out to batting practice with a tank-top on.

11:45 After no stretching steps into the cage, ignores the five bunts standard procedure.

11:47 Takes 25 cuts, hits 17 over the monster and misses the other 8.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
blitzerlover said:
beefycheddar said:

[youtube:2mp2pucs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBixl4pmW0I[/youtube:2mp2pucs]

11:30 Walks out to batting practice with a tank-top on.

11:45 After no stretching steps into the cage, ignores the five bunts standard procedure.

11:47 Takes 25 cuts, hits 17 over the monster and misses the other 8.

Awesome, I always wanted Chris O'Brien to hit one out and yell Dougie's going deep. But he never hit any out.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Still working on scanning more, but found this card when sorting out everything.... Not sure what happened here. I think Barrett Barnes was either trying to figure out a new auto or BA was making fun of him.

BABarrettTrialAutos.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
beefycheddar said:
Superfractor said:
Sick stuff, Beefy'.

I do still have a couple of the boy in your sig's gamers around here somewhere too.

Like GU, or photos?

Sorry I didn't give you a chance to pick-up either of the supers. I just fell in love with his torrid MiLB pace; though, he has cooled down, in Tulsa.

I should probably have access to 2 or 3 full game used jerseys. I was ok not getting the super, he was the year before I worked with team so didn't know him personally. I'm happy with the 1/1s I got of the team.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
beefycheddar said:
Superfractor said:
beefycheddar said:
Superfractor said:
Sick stuff, Beefy'.

I do still have a couple of the boy in your sig's gamers around here somewhere too.

Like GU, or photos?

Sorry I didn't give you a chance to pick-up either of the supers. I just fell in love with his torrid MiLB pace; though, he has cooled down, in Tulsa.

I should probably have access to 2 or 3 full game used jerseys. I was ok not getting the super, he was the year before I worked with team so didn't know him personally. I'm happy with the 1/1s I got of the team.

Access, as in "for sale?" :p

Ah, great. Anyways, do you happen to have scans of the 1/1s/GU? I'd love to see'em.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
beefycheddar said:
Superfractor said:
beefycheddar said:
Superfractor said:
Sick stuff, Beefy'.

Like GU, or photos?

Access, as in "for sale?" :p

Ah, great. Anyways, do you happen to have scans of the 1/1s/GU? I'd love to see'em.

We could definitely sell one, probably take till next month to locate since I am in the middle of a move this month.

Members online

Latest posts