Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Raw Card Review/New PC Pick-Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Well i picked up a RCR BGS 9.5 Lincecum Auto RC (07 Future Stars). Does it cost money to get it incased, or can i just ship it there? Has anyone done it before and can tell me steps? Thanks for any and ALL help!

sc0000bb14.jpg

AK11

May 24, 2010
You do know that is the insert from Future Stars, not the SP RC. Some people get them confused.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ThoseBackPages said:
Pine Tar said:
ThoseBackPages said:
it will be re-graded when it gets to BGS
So when he sends it in this could actaully be a grade less per-say. So it may be a 9.0 with a 10 auto?

yes

Essentially RCR is absolutely pointless unless you plan to sell it that way. The only other thing I can think of is if at a show you are looking for a value on a card to determine how much to pay for it or how much to ask on it.

Otherwise, save your money and just send it in because it gets graded all over anyway.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
JoshHamilton said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Pine Tar said:
ThoseBackPages said:
it will be re-graded when it gets to BGS
So when he sends it in this could actaully be a grade less per-say. So it may be a 9.0 with a 10 auto?

yes

Then what the HELL is the point of RCR? Just another way to swindle you out of your money?

Ding ding ding. They could say it was a pristine 10 and then all of a sudden the surface could grade an 8 and knock it down to an 8.5.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Yes, it is possible that they can drop the grade when you send it in to be encased, but it can also go the other way and be bumped up a grade. I've had RCR 9's go to 9.5's when encased. 99.99% of the time the card will grade exactly the same as on the RCR label. The only exception would be if the card gets damaged while in the RCR holder (I've seen one that was accidentally slammed in a desk drawer. Obviously they can't honor that grade after those circumstances).

People generally use RCR to learn what the card will grade before it is slabbed. It costs a bit less to RCR a card than to have it slabbed and you get it back the same day (or next day if you submit late in the day at a show). You don't have to wait 5, 10, 20 or 45 days to learn what grade the card will get. If the cards gets the grade you want, you pay the extra fee to have it slabbed. If it doesn't, you've saved yourself a few bucks and some time, which can be very precious when dealing with volatile prospect cards.

RCR is certainly not for everyone but can be beneficial to some. You just have to know how to use it so that it makes financial sense to you.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
So should I send this in and risk it not getting the grade. I picked up this card because this card is hard to get a 9.5 grade

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
Jeff is right. The card can obviously be damaged while in the RCR holder so if that happens then the grade obviously can't be honored. However, it is incredibly rare that a grade changes if re-submitted at the same show for encapsulation.

Members online

Latest posts