Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA or BGS or Someone else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cats Coach

May 11, 2010
Mechanicsburg, Pa. -
When you buy graded cards, which company are you most comfortable with? I'm considering sending some in to get graded and was wondering which company to use. I've seen a ton of cards graded by alot of different companies, with PSA and BGS being the most common. Just wanted to see what the great people of FCB prefer.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Bgs or psa for modern cards

Psa for vintage

sgc for pre war

I personally prefer psa, evrything in my pc is psa.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
As mentioned BGS, PSA, and SCG.

Don't have cards graded by anyone else, period. And don't not buy them from any other Co for that matter. Especially GEM whose cards are consistently on an encased diet.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
BGS for PC (Authentication if card in bad condition or bad centering, etc)

BGS for Chrome/Sterling and 2000+ year cards

PSA Vintage

SGC Pre-War

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Personally i like BGS for everything but pre war. SGC for pre war since they are the experts in that field. I dont like how PSA cases can be compromised.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Everything in my PC will be BGS. Pre-War, Vintage, modern, and autograph authentication. I don't like anyone else's cases, and I don't like having 3 different types laying around.

Side note, I see on ebay, there is some Perkins stuff slabbed by PSA and BCCG, if I send it in, will they re-slab them for me?

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I agree with this article: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/?s=grading&task=search -

[center:19q6ecj5]" If you card was produced before 1940, it is best housed in an SGC slab. If your card was produced before 2000, PSA seems to be the brand of choice. And, if your card was produced after 2000, send it off the BGS, although unless you pulled the card from a pack yourself it most likely already is in a BGS slab. "[/center:19q6ecj5]

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
SGC is #1 with me, but I also collect stuff 100 years older than most of you.

I will crack out any cards in anything other than SGC or PSA

Members online

Latest posts