Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What number is Thome going to get to this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Re: Is Thome gonna hit #600 this year?

In a word, no...

In a few words, Um... well.... No.

I have a $100 bill says no one hits 19 more HR's this season.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I could see him mashing another 5 to 8 if he plays the rest of the games. And even at 40, he is still putting up respectable numbers. Assuming he can play the majority of the rest of the season, he will have a .270'ish ba, possibly ~25 hr's and ~60 rbi's in ~110 games played. I think thats good enough to stick around another year. And to that end, Thome and #600 are bound to happen.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
bongo870 said:
Thome is a great guy. On and off the field! He will hit 600 this year or next..
I say next. That is someone gives him a chance to. Jim hit s 600 and he is a first ballot hall of fame in my book. GO Jim we moss you in Chi-town and I'm a Cubs fan.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Pine Tar said:
bongo870 said:
I say next. That is someone gives him a chance to. Jim hit s 600 and he is a first ballot hall of fame in my book. GO Jim we moss you in Chi-town and I'm a Cubs fan.

To be honest, I didn't want Thome to come. I thought Kubel was a decent DH and all. I am glad he is now a position player so we can have both in our lineup

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I was stoked when the Sox got him, and heartbroken when he was gone, even though it wasn't a long run. I've always liked and respected Thome, and hope he reaches 600 and makes the HOF, first ballot.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
darocker80 said:
600 next year if he gets enough at bats, let alone makes a team. Maybe the nationals?

Makes a team? Someone will sign him, but in the AL. His 1B days are done. Of course, I'd like to Shapiro be classy and sign Thome so he can hit #600 with his original club. But I suppose that I'm a dreamer...

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Pine Tar said:
bongo870 said:

To be honest, I didn't want Thome to come. I thought Kubel was a decent DH and all. I am glad he is now a position player so we can have both in our lineup

The only reason Kubel is a "position player" right now is because Cuddy is at First for the injured Morneau. When Morneau comes back, Cuddy goes back to RF, and Kubel and Thome platoon for DH at bats.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Musial Collector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
[quote="Pine Tar":3vblc2uf]
bongo870 said:

The only reason Kubel is a "position player" right now is because Cuddy is at First for the injured Morneau. When Morneau comes back, Cuddy goes back to RF, and Kubel and Thome platoon for DH at bats.[/quote:3vblc2uf]

Yes that's true. But that catch Kubie-Doobie-Doo made last night was just SICK

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
darocker80 said:
600 next year if he gets enough at bats, let alone makes a team. Maybe the nationals?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a couple weeks back that there was mutual interest between the Twins and Thome for him to come back next year. I see no problem with him having the same role next year. Injuries are bound to happen and that would guarantee the same amount of AB's as this year for him.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
I wouldn't complain if we kept Thome for another year. I think he'll end up around 590. I'm sure he likes it enough in Minny to stay. Playing for the Twins can have that effect on people.

I agree Greg, there is no reason why the Twins and Thome shouldnt have another year together. Thome has shown he can still hit in the clutch, and with a 162 game schedule, injuries will happen again and Thome will get more than enough at bats to make it worth while for both. Plus, we would be able to see him at Twinsfest again. :D

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Musial Collector said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":1j9aedsw]I wouldn't complain if we kept Thome for another year. I think he'll end up around 590. I'm sure he likes it enough in Minny to stay. Playing for the Twins can have that effect on people.

I agree Greg, there is no reason why the Twins and Thome shouldnt have another year together. Thome has shown he can still hit in the clutch, and with a 162 game schedule, injuries will happen again and Thome will get more than enough at bats to make it worth while for both. Plus, we would be able to see him at Twinsfest again. :D[/quote:1j9aedsw]

calm down TBTwinsFan... you missed him... it's ok... he's still alive...

lol my grandma was in the hospital up the Cities so I MISSED Thome. I wanted to at least see him in person. He likes it here... you can just tell by the Favre thing he pulled off... no serious player would ever do that. I wouldn't be surprised if Target Field was his home next year.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Musial Collector said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":2kzt2xx2]I wouldn't complain if we kept Thome for another year. I think he'll end up around 590. I'm sure he likes it enough in Minny to stay. Playing for the Twins can have that effect on people.

I agree Greg, there is no reason why the Twins and Thome shouldnt have another year together. Thome has shown he can still hit in the clutch, and with a 162 game schedule, injuries will happen again and Thome will get more than enough at bats to make it worth while for both. Plus, we would be able to see him at Twinsfest again. :D[/quote:2kzt2xx2]

I'd get another auto from him in a heartbeat. I missed him at Twinsfest, but did get him on a ball at the Autograph Party. Maybe by then I could get him on a 2010 World Series ball! :lol: (okay, it's too early, but it would be very cool!)

Members online

Latest posts