Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is your AL MVP today?

Who is the current MVP?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think Hamilton outedges Miggy now, but it is a shame b/c Miggy has virtually no one to play with. Miggy will have to hit .340 with 45 HR to win it, I believe

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
please for the people that are voting for hamilton explain to me how he outedges miggy by looking at these numbers

hamilton 26 hr's...355 avg....81 rbi's...406 obp...621 slugging

cabrera 31 hr's....340 avg...100 rbi's...433 obp...649 slugging

oh yeah by the way hamilton also has hitters around him so he has been walked 36 times to cabreras 71

also hamilton has struck out 15 more times

so how exactly does hamilton beat out cabrera?

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
KOBEARODLT said:
please for the people that are voting for hamilton explain to me how he outedges miggy by looking at these numbers

oh yeah by the way hamilton also has hitters around him so he has been walked 36 times to cabreras 71

Because its close enough, that because the Rangers are in first by a lot and the Tigers suck. Now I know that has not always mattered, but I think it does.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Canocollector#1 said:
KOBEARODLT said:

Because its close enough, that because the Rangers are in first by a lot and the Tigers suck. Now I know that has not always mattered, but I think it does.

close is between pujols and votto..this is not, hamilton leads him in avg only and its only by .15 cabrera has him by 5 hr's and 19 rbis...and as i said before its harder for cabrera because he has been walked almost 40 more times than hamilton because no one else on his team can do anything

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
KOBEARODLT said:

the key is MVP! take Cabrera off the Tigers and where are they? they still suck! take Hamilton out of Texas line up and where are they? not where they are now. not close.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
KOBEARODLT said:

Hamilton plays average defense to slightly above average mostly at a premium position.
Cabrera plays slightly below average defense at a non premium position.
How the voters will think:
1. Hamilton plays on a winning team. Cabrera does not.
2. Hamilton winning MVP will make a better story.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
nosterbor said:
KOBEARODLT said:

the key is MVP! take Cabrera off the Tigers and where are they? they still suck! take Hamilton out of Texas line up and where are they? not where they are now. not close.

well i guess it just goes by what people think MVP means..i think it is suppose to go to the best player in the nl and al, cabrera is by far the best player this year out of BOTH leagues, its not his fault the team he is on is not good....so i guess to me MVP should go to the best player in the entire league but i guess im wrong

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry all you Hamilton lovers, but this is a year where Cabrera's numbers BLOW AWAY Hamilton's, and a first place vs. a third place team will not matter...

In 30 less at bats and he's got the same number of doubles, more HR's (2nd in AL), more RBI's (1st in AL), more walks (3rd in AL), less strikeouts, a better OBP (1st in AL), a better Slugging percentage (1st in AL) and a better OPS (1st in AL). And while Hamiton does have a better Average...Cabrera is still #2 in the AL.

Hell, the man is actually pretty damn close to the Triple Crown.

On top of that, Hamilton's got Cruz, Guerrero, Young, Kinsler all hitting around him...and without Hamilton, they still have a good chance of being in 1st place in that division. Without Cabrera, sure, Detroit would still be bad...but they'd probably be down below KC and Cleveland in the Central.

The award is Cabrera's to lose and it really shouldn't be much of a debate.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Canocollector#1 said:

Agreed. But I don't think it's just a two-horse race 'cuz I think Cano will be alot closer 2nd or 3rd than people think.

And it's not 'cuz he's a Yankee, he is having a MONSTER season for a playoff team when a couple of their "big guns" are having down years.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
KOBEARODLT said:
nosterbor said:
KOBEARODLT said:

well i guess it just goes by what people think MVP means..i think it is suppose to go to the best player in the nl and al, cabrera is by far the best player this year out of BOTH leagues, its not his fault the team he is on is not good....so i guess to me MVP should go to the best player in the entire league but i guess im wrong

It's the most VALUABLE player. As in, the player who has the most value to his team.

Like has been said, take Hamilton off of the Rangers and they aren't in first.

Take Cabrera off the Tigers and they are just as bad.

That's why Hamilton MAY win the award, because Cabrera isn't exactly head and shoulders better than Hamilton. Is it fair? No. but neither is life, so I guess there's that.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Sly said:
Sorry all you Hamilton lovers, but this is a year where Cabrera's numbers BLOW AWAY Hamilton's, and a first place vs. a third place team will not matter...

In 30 less at bats and he's got the same number of doubles, more HR's (2nd in AL), more RBI's (1st in AL), more walks (3rd in AL), less strikeouts, a better OBP (1st in AL), a better Slugging percentage (1st in AL) and a better OPS (1st in AL). And while Hamiton does have a better Average...Cabrera is still #2 in the AL.

Hell, the man is actually pretty damn close to the Triple Crown.

On top of that, Hamilton's got Cruz, Guerrero, Young, Kinsler all hitting around him...and without Hamilton, they still have a good chance of being in 1st place in that division. Without Cabrera, sure, Detroit would still be bad...but they'd probably be down below KC and Cleveland in the Central.

The award is Cabrera's to lose and it really shouldn't be much of a debate.

this

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
KOBEARODLT said:

Sir I like the cut of your jib ;) It's true though! you provided all the numbers and Miggy's are better plus like you said he is mashing with little protection right now.

Shep :ugeek:

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
Canocollector#1 said:

Agreed. But I don't think it's just a two-horse race 'cuz I think Cano will be alot closer 2nd or 3rd than people think.

And it's not 'cuz he's a Yankee, he is having a MONSTER season for a playoff team when a couple of their "big guns" are having down years.

Yes, Cano is mashing...but here's his problem:

April - .400 BA
May - .336
June - .333
July - .276
August - .237

Cano is fading and fading fast. And I hate to say it to all the Yankees fans, but for a Yankee to win MVP, he's going to have to be far and away the best player in the league, such as A-Rod was in 2007, and while Cano is having a great year, he is not unquestionably the best player in the league.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I'm a diehard Tigers fan and I voted for Hamilton. At this point, the stats are close enough and it's just too good of a story for writers not to vote for Hamilton. That said, if Miggy gets on a HR tear and challenges for a Triple Crown, all bets are off.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I voted Hamilton, but only because they are going to the playoffs and the Tigers suck :p

A bit OT: Is Cabrera really making $20,000,000 this season???? :shock:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If Detroit was in the race I would give it to Miguel Cabrera. But they aren't. And this isn't to say Miguel won't take it. B/c he's so damn close.

It's not like Josh Hamilton is having just an above average season for his talent like Cano. His OPS is 1.023 and Miggy's is 1.082...

I will agree Miggy's #'s are better but Josh Hamilton is having just as superior a year as Miggy and Rangers are in 1st and Tigers are out of it.

Members online

Latest posts