Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions on Ebay bidding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Do you generally like to bid early? Do you like to manually bid within the last few minutes? Or do you generally use a sniping program, such as gixen or the like?

Dec 10, 2008
I think anybody not using a sniping service is asking to get shilled. I've never understood bidding wars anything earlier than the last couple minutes of the auction. Why bid before if you can't win it for days anyways? Makes no sense to me. The ONLY time I bid early is on an auction with a BIN, where I feel I can win it cheaper, but don't want to take the risk of somebody else hitting the BIN. And that doesn't happen very often.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Mark McGwire Museum said:
I think anybody not using a sniping service is asking to get shilled. I've never understood bidding wars anything earlier than the last couple minutes of the auction. Why bid before if you can't win it for days anyways? Makes no sense to me. The ONLY time I bid early is on an auction with a BIN, where I feel I can win it cheaper, but don't want to take the risk of somebody else hitting the BIN. And that doesn't happen very often.

Are sniping programs full-proof though? I have heard they sometimes don't place the bid... that would suck.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I have never had a snipe fail with eSnipe (4 years). I used to use auctionsniper (2 years), but THREE times I missed out on an item because the snipe failed. I don't recommend their service.

Dec 10, 2008
RL24 said:
I have never had a snipe fail with eSnipe (4 years). I used to use auctionsniper (2 years), but THREE times I missed out on an item because the snipe failed. I don't recommend their service.

That would be my exact quote as well, word for word.

eSinpe actually fires off 2 bids from 2 different servers in 2 locations. Pretty foolproof.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Personally, I generally bid manually within the last seconds of an auction. I tried sniping with Gixen, but after using it 4 times and having it fail once, I gave up.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Mark McGwire Museum said:
RL24 said:

That would be my exact quote as well, word for word.

eSinpe actually fires off 2 bids from 2 different servers in 2 locations. Pretty foolproof.

Gixen does this as well and is a heck of a lot cheaper. 1 year of service is only $6 for unlimited snipes.

Although there is the very slim chance that both servers go down at the same time when your snipe is supposed to go off, its still a smaller chance than having your internet or computer crash when you're ready to manually snipe.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
On cards that I'm going to win, i enter the most I'm willing to pay as soon as I see the card...then more when it is about to end.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I manually place a bid right at the end of an auction. I will never use a snipe program ever again. Not only are they not full proof but within a month of me starting to use the snipe program my account was hacked into and someone was selling a bunch of stuff on my account with decent BIN's with the paypal payments going to their paypal addy.

JBidwatcher for any of you wondering.

The only time ill throw in an early bid is if i know i wont get the chance to bid later.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I manually bid late on. Usually under a minute, but maybe a few minutes earlier just to dig my feet in.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Sometimes I'll bid on item's in the early going that I want to keep track of & because I want to let the seller know there is interest in that item as sometimes seller's end auction's early because of lack of bid's/interest (I also use the "watch item's" option but if I know I'm going to bid on an item then why not bid the minimum early on?). I don't use a snipe program, I win all of my auction's manually (I'm addicted to the rush of the last second bid :lol: ....seriously though I am :| )...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts