Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Slow payments recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Anyone else notice how slow payments are from ebay buyers? I had 10 items close on Sunday and have yet to receive ONE payment!? (Yes, I give them 1 week so no biggie). I usually get at least half of the payments by this time.

As a buyer, I pay within 24 hrs because I WANT to get MY card as quickly as possible so I pay quick!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I've noticed a lot of slow payments.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me as to how soon I receive a card ... if it's 2 days or 2 weeks... really doesn't matter that much. Got bigger things to worry 'bout.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
My only problem with the slow payments is that I'd like to make as few trips to the post office as possible. These stragglers are a bit of nuisance, in that regard.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
George K said:
My only problem with the slow payments is that I'd like to make as few trips to the post office as possible. These stragglers are a bit of nuisance, in that regard.

paypal shipping changed my life!!!!

dave

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I hate this so much.

Three days ago, someone asked me why they had to pay 8 dollars in extra fees when shipping was stated at 4.25 in the auction. He then asked me to waive the extra 8 dollars in fees because I hadn't advertised them and quoted me my description.

The 8 dollars in extra fees were, of course, the two other shipping methods and not fees at all. Needless to say, he hasn't paid.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Killing me. 2 NPBs last week, and I'm yet to receive over $600 from this weeks auctions. No clue why.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Been very lucky with fast payments (same day or next) and have only one NPB right now which has been added to my block list.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
George K said:

I know i have had this happen to me the last 3 weeks making 3 or 4 trips to the post office for the same week long auctions. Its very annoying. I had one guy win 9/24 items and hasnt paid yet which is kindve frustrating especially if he never pays leading me to having to open up a NPB

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
pigskincardboard said:
I hate this so much.

Three days ago, someone asked me why they had to pay 8 dollars in extra fees when shipping was stated at 4.25 in the auction. He then asked me to waive the extra 8 dollars in fees because I hadn't advertised them and quoted me my description.

The 8 dollars in extra fees were, of course, the two other shipping methods and not fees at all. Needless to say, he hasn't paid.
Yeah why 8 dollars more if shipping was 4.25 :eek: and that is high I think. You can mail out 5 cards with mailer and even D/C for 3 and even less if your recycle the mailer and don;t not have to purchase it. Now if that 4.25 was with insurance then I see it. But what is the 8 extra dollars for??

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
PayPal shipping is the easiest and most convenient method for me.

Even if 20 buyers pay at different times, I just cruise by my PO, pull up to the box, and ship em.

Literally takes an extra 5 mins out of my day.

Albeit annoying to have to do it multiple times

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I had three buyers pay me between 8-10 of auction end my last round of selling. Not one of the buyers emailed me to say payments was going to be late or apologize for the late payment. Terrible

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
I'm thinking alot of it may be due to it being back to school time. More money being spent on supplies and books and buyers are putting off paying their "ebay bills".

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
This is exactly the issue with me, lack of communication. I allow 7 days for payment and quite frankly have no issue working with anyone who may need a few extra days. The lack of communication is maddening and literally the only time I will willingly file a Non Paying Bidder Claim right at the 7 day mark. Right now I have two auctions totaling a little over $100 that are at the claim status. The kicker is that both buyers have well over 2000 feedback but havent been able to find the time to simply respond to an email.

August has been the slowest paying month for my customers this year. Hopefully that changes.

Huffamaniac said:
I had three buyers pay me between 8-10 of auction end my last round of selling. Not one of the buyers emailed me to say payments was going to be late or apologize for the late payment. Terrible

Members online

Latest posts