Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Redemption replacement mail day and question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
So I had 3 redemptions at Panini for over 8 months. I asked if I could combine for a high valued card and they allowed me to do this. My question is was it worth it? What are your thoughts on me asking Panini for a replacemnet for my replacement?

Here are the redemptions I had:
2009 Donruss Limited Material Phenoms RC #/149 Hakeem Nicks auto
2009 Donruss Limited Material Phenoms RC Silver Spotlight #/25 Hakeem Nicks auto
2009 Playoff Contenders RPS Rookie Tickets Hakeem Nicks auto
Total book value about $150

Here is what I got in return:
2009 Donruss Limited Monikers Platinum #1/1 Steve Slaton auto

My problem is I basically traded 3 autos of a rising star receiver for a washed up 3rd string fumble machine. What do you guys think?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I think it was cool they were willing to combine so you can get a higher value card.
Also giving a 1/1 auto on $150 bv seems decent too - since those really have no bv.
That being said, I see where you're coming from on being weary that it is Slaton.

Other than that it's tough to answer unless there's some idea what it would go for......aren't there a couple Houston collector's on the board? Interested to see if anyone has a response with potential price.....because if it was me who got the redemption I'd be unsure as well.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I don't think Nicks is any better than Slaton, even though I haven't seen him play a
whole lot. Nicks has a ton of autos out there and a ton that will never get produced,
I would ebay the 1/1 and see what is out there, you might be surprised. Kudos to
Panini for being flexible.

Kevin

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
I don't think Nicks is any better than Slaton, even though I haven't seen him play a
whole lot. Nicks has a ton of autos out there and a ton that will never get produced,
I would ebay the 1/1 and see what is out there, you might be surprised. Kudos to

Kevin

Not quite.

The Nicks cards are rookie autos. The Slaton is a third-year card. I would MUCH rather have the Nicks autos.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Joking right?

detox

May 15, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
seahawks4ever said:
lisu said:
my question is how does a 1/1 get held back for redemption replacements. hrmmm.

I was thinking the same thing.
This is a really strange replacement.

Maybe the Slaton was a redemption and someone had it replaced before they had it inhouse?

Or maybe the system is corrupt as a whole?

I think we need a poll.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
detox said:
Maybe the Slaton was a redemption and someone had it replaced before they had it inhouse?

Or maybe the system is corrupt as a whole?

I think we need a poll.
Both choices are plausible, but in this case, I think you're on to something with choice #1. #2 is a lock for the industry as a whole...collectors and manufacturers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts