Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signature confirmation on a paypal transaction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I sold some items to someone for $330. I know if you sell something on EBAY and pay through paypal you need to have a signature confirmation, but is that necessary if it was not an ebay purchase and i am sending it out with tracking through USPS?

thanks

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Huffamaniac said:
I sold some items to someone for $330. I know if you sell something on EBAY and pay through paypal you need to have a signature confirmation, but is that necessary if it was not an ebay purchase and i am sending it out with tracking through USPS?

thanks
I would still if you don't want the buyer to say he never got the card. I would insure it as well just in case. Unless you can afford to throw 300 bucks in a mailbox ;)

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
it was my wife's pocketbooks. The reason I ask is because the buyer wrote

CAMERA AT FRONT DOOR SO NO NEED FOR SIGNATURE DELIVERY :)

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Huffamaniac said:

thanks

.......................Unless Paypal changed their rules, which I have'nt seen to say otherwise, but anything over $250 was required by Paypal(in case of a chargeback)..Even though you used a DC#, it was stated in Paypal's selling rules, or whatever you call them..Anything over $250 needed a SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION...So unless Paypal changed and until I am corrected I will always use a signature confirmation over said amount..Hope it helps

d

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Huffamaniac said:

When someone says this, it should tell you to get signature delivery/confirmation.

jeffmu

Nov 11, 2008
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Huffamaniac said:

When someone says this, it should tell you to get signature delivery/confirmation.
Fully agreed that this just SCREAMS to CYA.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
mlbfan10 said:
I printed out a label today for an item that sold over $350 and didn't have to have signature conformation.

Paypal doesn't automatically add it when printing the label. It is up to you to add it. I had a buyer file a charge back on $360. DC said it was delivered but no signature confirmation. Paypal gave the refund to the buyer. If you don't add it, you are just asking for issues.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
jbrown said:
mlbfan10 said:
I printed out a label today for an item that sold over $350 and didn't have to have signature conformation.

Paypal doesn't automatically add it when printing the label. It is up to you to add it. I had a buyer file a charge back on $360. DC said it was delivered but no signature confirmation. Paypal gave the refund to the buyer. If you don't add it, you are just asking for issues.

Exactly. It's not something that is REQUIRED...but if you want to cover yourself, you have to do it (DC for anything, Signature Confirmation for anything over $250). A buyer can file a chargeback regardless if it's ebay or not (at least I'd assume they can), so if you want to protect yourself, do the DC or SC. If you don't care...don't do it.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
thanks everyone. I will be sending with a signature confirmation. Hopefully the buyer will understand. I also insured it for $300

jlr0747

Jan 29, 2010
Philadelphia
If you sell something for $250 or more and receive money through paypal (on or off ebay) and DO NOT ship it with Sig Conf, you better not bitch about getting scammed when you lose the paypal claim.

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
Huffamaniac said:

I can see it now.

Buyer says he never received card. Seller asks buyer to see his video footage. Buyer says camera was stolen just last night.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Everyone has been thanked. I appreciate all the comments and as mention already mailed the box out with signature confirmation and added insurance

Members online

Latest posts