Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poor Jason LaRue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Without getting into placing blame, that's pretty rough.

goep23

Aug 7, 2008
yakacack said:
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/09/18/jason-larue-says-his-career-is-over-after-concussion-suffered-in/

Cueto and his sissy kicks winds up ending the guys career. Doubt this was how LaRue wanted to retire from baseball.

Have u ever been kicked in the head??

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
goep23 said:
yakacack said:
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/09/18/jason-larue-says-his-career-is-over-after-concussion-suffered-in/

Cueto and his sissy kicks winds up ending the guys career. Doubt this was how LaRue wanted to retire from baseball.

Have u ever been kicked in the head??

What are you attempting to argue...much less with another Cardinals fan? Cueto in my own opinion was a sissy for kicking someone and ended a career prematurely because of his actions. Not sure what your question has to do with anything, but please enlighten me if you get a moment.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hope someone pitches to Cueto "high and tight" several times. I've always enjoyed LaRue :(

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
played ball against him in HS. Funny thing is his brother was better than him, and never made it. Sucks to have your career end because of that.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
Cueto was just defending himself. Kinda funny that the Cardinals arent on top anymore and they turn into a bunch of little sissy babies. Time they start blaming themselves.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
You are a ********* LaRue lost his career and you want to try to talk
**** about it?

bigredmachine said:
Cueto was just defending himself. Kinda funny that the Cardinals arent on top anymore and they turn into a bunch of little sissy babies. Time they start blaming themselves.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
It will be interesting to see how (if) this situation is resolved. The StL Post Dispatch mentioned that LaRue had been considering a civil lawsuit but no longer wants to go through with it.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
Codasco07 said:
It will be interesting to see how (if) this situation is resolved. The StL Post Dispatch mentioned that LaRue had been considering a civil lawsuit but no longer wants to go through with it.

Would be interesting to see how that played out. All of the evidence was on live tv so shouldnt be hard to come to a verdict. Cardinals started the fight. Someone got hurt and his career was over in the process. Should have been Yadier. He deserves a good but whipping.

A_Pharis

bigredmachine said:
Codasco07 said:

Would be interesting to see how that played out. All of the evidence was on live tv so shouldnt be hard to come to a verdict. Cardinals started the fight. Someone got hurt and his career was over in the process. Should have been Yadier. He deserves a good but whipping.

Umm. Doesn't matter how a fight starts. Cueto was ATTACKING - not defending (I can show you the video with a typed-out analysis if you'd like). He decided to throw up his feet with metal cleats on the bottom. Those actions caused personal injury resulting in future loss of wages.

That be plenty enough to sue and win.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
Larue came off the bench. He had his choice. Stay in the dugout or run onto the field and get hurt. He made the wrong one. There's no way he would win a lawsuit. Prior to this year he has had 20 concussions. You really dont have much of an argument.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
It would be an interesting lawsuit if LaRue did go after Cueto.
Cueto's lawyer: "Mr. Larue you have had several concussions over your career?"
Larue "Yes."
Lawyer: "You have stated before that something as small as a foul tip could give you a concussion and end your career?"
Larue: "Yes but...".
Lawyer: "But you continued to play anyway."
Lawyer: "And yet you jumped into the middle of the fight where you knew there was a chance of you getting hit or hurt."

Cueto was a punk for kicking but I don't think Larue has much of a case.

A_Pharis

So if someone has 3 automobile accidents (none of which is their fault) that cause them over the course of time to have a severe limp then they shouldn't be able to sue if they are driving one day and get hit by a guy driving recklessly resulting in them losing that leg due to the accident?

I mean, they have a leg injury already. They chose to keep driving.

In the end, first concussion or 5th... ANY concussion could do someone in. I think a funnier transcript would be:

Lawyer: So, Mr. Cueto -- you kicking Mr. LaRue in the head with your metal cleats caused a debilitating concussion.
Cueto: So? He had concussions before.

A_Pharis

And regardless. Fights in baseball happen.

They just do.

It was a thug move to do what Cueto did seeing how is he put himself in the position he was in. Now, a HUMAN BEING has lost a huge portion of his income and enjoyment of life because some young punk couldn't stick to pushing and shoving.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
A_Pharis said:
And regardless. Fights in baseball happen.

They just do.

It was a thug move to do what Cueto did seeing how is he put himself in the position he was in. Now, a HUMAN BEING has lost a huge portion of his income and enjoyment of life because some young punk couldn't stick to pushing and shoving.

I feel so bad for LaRue. He will not be able to feed his family because his lifetime earnings is only 20 million.

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
bigredmachine said:
Codasco07 said:

Brandon Phillips started it.

Members online

Latest posts