Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guess What I Heard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I just heard that Bryce Harper will in fact soon be signing an exclusive contract with Topps.

I was also told that it came down to two companies for him - Topps and Leaf. Evidently Leaf made a higher offer, but decided it would be for the betterment of the hobby to let Topps have him.

My source wishes to remain anonymous.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I would love it if Leaf made him an exclusive deal....despite claiming here that they were out of baseball.

Tell Bria--er, um, YOUR SOURCE, that Jeffie says hi.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Without a source, or link, I call your bluff.

Plus, "the betterment of the hobby" part is ridiculous. Since when does Bryce Harper care about the hobby aspect? It's clearly about the money and how he will be utilized. Plain and simple business thought process.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
NECpilgrims8 said:

Plus, "the betterment of the hobby" part is ridiculous. Since when does Bryce Harper care about the hobby aspect? It's clearly about the money and how he will be utilized. Plain and simple business thought process.

I read his post that Leaf decided it would be for the betterment of the hobby to let Topps have him. Not saying I believe it, but I don't think he claims Harper made that judgment

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
hmmm...if this holds true, i wonder if there will be any sneak peeks of bryce in the now delayed topps products.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:

Harper wasn't the one saying it would be better for the hobby.

Not bluffing. Surprised you think otherwise. Are we breaking up?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
jubei777 said:
hmmm...if this holds true, i wonder if there will be any sneak peeks of bryce in the now delayed topps products.
Doubtful, very doubtful.

I would expect a heavy dose of Harper in 2011 products.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Jaypers said:
I just heard that Bryce Harper will in fact soon be signing an exclusive contract with Topps.

I was also told that it came down to two companies for him - Topps and Leaf. Evidently Leaf made a higher offer, but decided it would be for the betterment of the hobby to let Topps have him.

My source wishes to remain anonymous.

Now I don't need to watch my daily dose of Two-and-a-half Men, because this is funnier than anything I could ever hear out of Charlie Sheen's mouth:

"Evidently Leaf...decided it would be for the betterment of the hobby to let Topps have him."

Well, why bid in the first place? Did Brian Gray suddenly have an epiphany?

Did anyone really think that a company other than Topps would sign Harper to an exclusive?

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:

Wow, Adam is on fire today! Blasted JP in his Teheran thread, blasted JP in this thread, and blasted the NY show promoters over their Betances signing. You've been hanging around Jeff N. and Schmidtfan too long! :lol:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
WJCIII said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

Wow, Adam is on fire today! Blasted JP in his Teheran thread, blasted JP in this thread, and blasted the NY show promoters over their Betances signing. You've been hanging around Jeff N. and Schmidtfan too long! :lol:

I can see actual bullet holes.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
WJCIII said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I can see actual bullet holes.

I wouldn't say I blasted JP. More like challenged him, lol.

....but the NY shows deserve it. As you know, that show will NEVER grow the way they have it set-up right now. It could be so much bigger and better.

Members online

Latest posts