Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tired of the "Cheating" the game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
1. Im tired of how naive people are in here. To think that the steroid era is over is laughable. Just bc Arod, Manny Ramirez, Davis Ortiz etc got caught, doesnt mean they are the only ones.
Every time someone mentions Arod in a post someone has to come in and say he is a cheater.
These same people defend guys like Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera and Josh Hamilton, guys who havent been caught but who are obvoius users.
2. Im tired of the "cheating" the game thing. Has anyone seen where Miguel Tejada came from? He came from absolute poverty. Poverty that we cant even imagine in this country. Do you think anyone gives a **** about the history of the game when growing up they had to worry about where there next meal was coming from?
3. Baseball is a business, it is entertainment.
4. I love baseball.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Are you kidding me with this?

QUOTE "These same people defend guys like Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera and Josh Hamilton, guys who havent been caught but who are obvoius users."

I don't give a BLEEP where Tejada came from, if you cheat and get caught, enough said.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Exposfan said:

QUOTE "These same people defend guys like Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera and Josh Hamilton, guys who havent been caught but who are obvoius users."

I don't give a BLEEP where Tejada came from, if you cheat and get caught, enough said.
Naive.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
waahmbulancevj2.jpg

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Bonds never failed a drug test so I guess e is innocent. Tejada never failed a drug test either.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
elmalo said:
Exposfan said:

Naive.

You are the worst troll we've had here in quite awhile.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I don't care if you people don't want to acknowledge it or not, but steroids saved baseball. Plain and simple. As someone who is a baseball fanatic I am thankful for what steroids did for the game I love. Though at the same time I wish no one ever used them.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
How is it obvious?> All 3 of those guys are tested just like everyone else.

Just because one of your "guys" got caught, doesn't give you the right to accuse everyone else and say its obvious.

On December 13, 2007, Tejada was mentioned in the Mitchell Report in connection to steroids. In the report, Tejada is said to have received $1,500 worth of steroids[14]

A report surfaced on January 15, 2008 stating that Rep. Henry Waxman had asked the Justice Department to investigate whether Tejada was truthful when speaking to the House committee when being interviewed in 2005 regarding possible connections to Rafael Palmeiro.[15][16]

On February 10, 2009, Tejada was charged with lying to Congress about performance enhancing drug usage in Major League Baseball.[17] On February 11, Tejada pleaded guilty to charges that he lied to Congress in 2005.[18] He faced up to one year in federal prison and deportation.[19]. On March 26, 2009, he received a one year probation.[20

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Hey, you can't prove that "superfly" snuka or the iron sheik ever used, let me see your positive results for those guys!

Long live the WWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
elmalo, quit trying to force your opinion on others with slight of hand insults. Steroids impacts the way people view things in different ways. Each individuals response to it is valid in there own right. To think you know something others do not, or dictation of your own opinion(s) as fact calling all others laughable, naive, or whatever else if they do not agree is fruitless and getting old. Point of fact, I somewhat agree with you. But there is a way to go about things, and a way not to.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I know he's a troll, but I also agree that the steroid era is not over yet. It's not just the way that the people who create steroids are always a step ahead of the people who test for them, although that is a big and logical part of my thinking. I mean, it has ALWAYS been that way, and now the people who create steroids have to be making more money than ever, and have more money for research and development.

What REALLY makes me think these guys are still using is the way Manny got busted for steroids. The juicers just take them during the off season and try to get them out of their system before they get tested.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
elmalo said:
Bonds never failed a drug test so I guess e is innocent. Tejada never failed a drug test either.

There are some people that must have been on vacation when this happened so it may be news to them but Barry Bonds testified under oath to taking steroids... sorry, unknowingly taking steroids. :lol:

At some point even the most cynical baseball fans have got to at least consider the possibility that players like Pujols, Ichiro, Lincecum are truly gifted athletes and may actually be on the up and up. I think we now live in a culture that wouldn't be suprised to hear names come out but at some point we have got to get back the belief that some of these guys are just great players. With McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds you had the obvious evidence but I just don't see it with some of todays players.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
GarkoCollector said:
elmalo said:
Exposfan said:

Naive.

Go drool over your Garko collection.

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
elmalo said:
GarkoCollector said:
elmalo said:
Exposfan said:

Naive.

Go drool over your Garko collection.

smoooth. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts