Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees again???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Let me preface this rant by saying that I am a diehard Rangers fan so I am clearly rooting against the Yankees in the ALCS, but I can honestly say that even if the Rays won I would be rooting against the Yankees.

Now, onto my point. Other than 10 million New Yorkers, does anyone else really want to see the Yankees again in the World Series? It is almost comical how the Yankees and their fans seem to think it is their birthright to be in the World Series every year. As a baseball fan it is simply boring and tiresome. I like seeing different teams get their opportunity. It is more fun with a Cinderella matchup like the Rockies from a few years ago or Tampa in 2008. It was even great to see the Red Sox finally break the curse.

Now that I have said my peace...GO RANGERS!!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Gonzaleznut said:
Let me preface this rant by saying that I am a diehard Rangers fan so I am clearly rooting against the Yankees in the ALCS, but I can honestly say that even if the Rays won I would be rooting against the Yankees.

Now, onto my point. Other than 10 million New Yorkers, does anyone else really want to see the Yankees again in the World Series? It is almost comical how the Yankees and their fans seem to think it is their birthright to be in the World Series every year. As a baseball fan it is simply boring and tiresome. I like seeing different teams get their opportunity. It is more fun with a Cinderella matchup like the Rockies from a few years ago or Tampa in 2008. It was even great to see the Red Sox finally break the curse.
Now that I have said my peace...GO RANGERS!!

I do. Revenge for 2009.

Plus, FOX (or whatever network is carrying the World Series) DEFINITELY wants the Yankees.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Only 10 million New Yorkers? You do realize the Yankees draw the best road attendance throughtout baseball. Fox wants a Yankees vs Phillies/Giants WS.

Yanksfan

Oct 13, 2010
Everybody does get the opporotunity. Yes, the Yankees have a lot of money, but they also spend that money. There are teams who could spend money and dont. GO YANKEES!!!!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Was it really that fun to watch the Rockies get blown out of the water, swept out of the WS? Really? I didn't enjoy it myself. I was happy they made it, but......

I hope the Yankees win it again this year, for my favorite player's sake. Starting next year I'll probably start cheering against him for being a Yankee... the window is closing.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
jdacunha said:
Only 10 million New Yorkers? You do realize the Yankees draw the best road attendance throughtout baseball. Fox wants a Yankees vs Phillies/Giants WS.

Dont bring logic into a yankee hatred topic! This should be nothing but wah wah and boo hoo how dare you! You are supposed to ignore facts and just ramble! You are supposed to lump a bunch of fans together with no real logic, but dont forget the magic rule. Yankee hate topics OK A card company hate topic is beating a dead horse :lol:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Gonzaleznut said:
It is almost comical how the Yankees and their fans seem to think it is their birthright to be in the World Series every year. As a baseball fan it is simply boring and tiresome. I like seeing different teams get their opportunity. It is more fun with a Cinderella matchup like the Rockies from a few years ago or Tampa in 2008. It was even great to see the Red Sox finally break the curse.

Any fan who doesn't think it is their teams "birthright" to be in the world series is, crazy.

The point of MLB is to WIN. If you don't win, you don't suceed, if you don't make it to (and win) the World Series to WIN.

Yankees fans support the team, the owners support the fans by putting out a winning product.

If you don't like that, go out, buy a jersey, go to a game, and tell the owner you don't want to be fed "We can't pay the players" BS.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Welp, it's that time of year again. Time for the "I hate the Yankees being in the post season again" complaints.

Hey Phillies fans...at the rate your team is winning, the complaints should start soon about them too.

Did anyone complain about the Braves making all the post seasons they did?

Jul 30, 2009
Yes its that time of the year, although as stunning as it is, I dont think anyone here has mentioned these famous words "The Yankees buy championships"

In 3.....2.....1.....

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
zach said:
Welp, it's that time of year again. Time for the "I hate the Yankees being in the post season again" complaints.

Hey Phillies fans...at the rate your team is winning, the complaints should start soon about them too.

I hate the Braves, But they could only win one WS in that period. Sorta like hating the 90's Bills, Going a few times in a row means nothing if you dont win.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Marro said:
zach said:

I hate the Braves, But they could only win one WS in that period. Sorta like hating the 90's Bills, Going a few times in a row means nothing if you dont win.
90s Bills=Fail.
You get to the Super Bowl 4 times in a row and you can't even win 1?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Marro said:
zach said:

That's easy for you to say. You obviously aren't a Phillies fan. Think of those poor chumps. ALL those years..... year after year after year..... getting beat by the Braves for the Pennant.

I heard it eventually forced the Phillies to build a new stadium AND start printing money. GO BRAVES!

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
011873 said:
Yes its that time of the year, although as stunning as it is, I dont think anyone here has mentioned these famous words "The Yankees buy championships"

In 3.....2.....1.....

the yankees dont buy championships. championships take a special mojo that teams like the 09 yankees happened to have. lacking this energy also kept them from winning rings previous seasons throughout the 2000s. not saying you cant generate this by financial means (bringing on chemistry guys, for instance) but you cant force chemistry.

what the yankees do buy, however, is playoff berths. it would be almost impossible to spend over 200 mil a year on players and not make the playoffs. which makes the 2008 yankees that much more amazing.

the fact that the yankees dont win the world series every year with that payroll proves 1 or both of the following things:
a. the playoff system is wildly and hilariously flawed.
b. cashman is incompetent.

to clarify: im not bitching that this happens, just explaining it.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
trademhigh said:
Marro said:
zach said:

90s Bills=Fail.
You get to the Super Bowl 4 times in a row and you can't even win 1?
No, the Braves fail MUCH MORE. 15+ times making it in the past 20 years or so, and 1 ring?

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
RL24 said:
Marro said:
zach said:

That's easy for you to say. You obviously aren't a Phillies fan. Think of those poor chumps. ALL those years..... year after year after year..... getting beat by the Braves for the Pennant.

I heard it eventually forced the Phillies to build a new stadium AND start printing money. GO BRAVES!

And winning one world series on top of it... Nothing like watching a team choke and choke and choke and choke year after year. I hate them for never understanding how such a great team could fall apart so easy. Phillies needed a new stadium because The Vet was a rat infested death trap hell hole with gangs of wild cats that would attack people. But it did fit in the low life area it was in, filled with philthdelphians. People from that city disgust me on so many levels.. GO PHILLIES!!!!

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
rehmus said:
011873 said:

In 3.....2.....1.....

the yankees dont buy championships. championships take a special mojo that teams like the 09 yankees happened to have. lacking this energy also kept them from winning rings previous seasons throughout the 2000s. not saying you cant generate this by financial means (bringing on chemistry guys, for instance) but you cant force chemistry.

what the yankees do buy, however, is playoff berths. it would be almost impossible to spend over 200 mil a year on players and not make the playoffs. which makes the 2008 yankees that much more amazing.

the fact that the yankees dont win the world series every year with that payroll proves 1 or both of the following things:

to clarify: im not bitching that this happens, just explaining it.

::facepalm::

Please explain how this PROVES that

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Marro said:
RL24 said:
Marro said:
zach said:

And winning one world series on top of it... Nothing like watching a team choke and choke and choke and choke year after year. I hate them for never understanding how such a great team could fall apart so easy. Phillies needed a new stadium because The Vet was a rat infested death trap hell hole with gangs of wild cats that would attack people. But it did fit in the low life area it was in, filled with philthdelphians. People from that city disgust me on so many levels.. GO PHILLIES!!!!

Oh c'mon, those are weak excuses! You don't see the Cubs replacing Wrigley... GO CUBS! :lol: ;) :lol:

Members online

Latest posts