Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aldo says no to Ken-Flo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Saw this yesterday. Interesting because I think Aldo would beat florian, so I guess maybe he just doesnt feel ready right now.
Grispi is a legit opponant but Aldo would blast Hominick out of teh building.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I love KenFlo, but Dana's right. He really doesn't show up totally for big fights.

But I'd like to see him fight Aldo in a co-promotion.

Florian's a name, and it'd be better for the first UFC/WEC co-promotion to have a name vs name.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Why should Aldo fight Florian? If he is going to come to the UFC and fight @ 155 it should be an immediate title shot which I think he'll win.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
kdailey4315 said:
Why should Aldo fight Florian? If he is going to come to the UFC and fight @ 155 it should be an immediate title shot which I think he'll win.
I disagree.
He should have to earn the shot.
Did Condit get a title shot right away? No.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Russ S. said:
kdailey4315 said:
I disagree.

The difference is Condit was NEVER really considered up their with the greats of the sport.
Aldo is.

Although I will say I dont think it would necessarily be a bad thing for him to fight a guy like Tyson Griffin for his fiirst 155 fight in the UFC!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
JzWand said:
Russ S. said:
kdailey4315 said:
I disagree.

The difference is Condit was NEVER really considered up their with the greats of the sport.

Aldo is.

Although I will say I dont think it would necessarily be a bad thing for him to fight a guy like Tyson Griffin for his fiirst 155 fight in the UFC!

Really? Before coming to the UFC and the horrid decision with Kampmann, Condit dominated his weight class and hadn't lost in 3 years. No one came close to taking his belt, and had big wins over Verissimo, Trigg, Alessio, Tanaka, Larson, and the likes.

He was consistently in the top ranking of the weight class for years.

I agree though, Griffin would be a great first fight for Alpo.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Let me put it another way.
Becaus ethe UFC already had a 170 lbs division, Condit was neevr considered up there with the likes of Hughes, GSP, hell even Penn.
He held a major title but because the UFC also had a title for the same weight class, he was never really thought of as a top 5 WW and too be honest his title was considered second tier by the masses.

Aldo is universally in the ranking for P4P best, and many feel that despite him giving up size, he would probably be a top 3 LW in the UFC almost immediately!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Point taken.
Anywho, no way he should get a title shot first fight into the Big Show!
Regardless if he's "top 5" in the P4P "rankings".

Members online

Latest posts