Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what's the deal with these Topps blank back cards?

Blank Back 1/1s

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Apparently they are exclusive to eBay.. Are they worth getting for now having a back and being hand number to 1? I want to know what your opinion of them is...

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is the one I am thinking about getting..

[ebay:1qrsj6fv]140466410742[/ebay:1qrsj6fv]

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Zan said:
Apparently they are exclusive to eBay.. Are they worth getting for now having a back and being hand number to 1? I want to know what your opinion of them is...

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is the one I am thinking about getting..

[ebay:13v7m2ng]140466410742[/ebay:13v7m2ng]

I buy them of my guys.

Then again everyone I collect gets one bowman card and then thats about it. I try to collect each variation of each of my guys. If the blank back is cheap, I'll get it.

I am pretty sure they also have a Topps Vault impression.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
It is pure genius on Topps part.

I think they are sort of gimicky. I still bid on them when Carlos pops up, but I still haven't won one yet.
Every one of his have gone for at least $28 or more. Seems a bit high to me.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
WASTE of money I have had a Valverde 1/1 topps vault in my bucket for
2 years now absolutely NO INTEREST even by Valverde collectors

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
It's just another way for Topps to make coin. Cut out the middle man and sell them on eBay instead of letting them get backdoored.

I'm not dogging Topps, it's definitely a smart way to make coin. It seems that a lot of player collectors like them as well. I've thought about picking some up, but I'm not that crazy about them.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'd put them in the same category as any other parallel cards. They may be of interest to player collectors, but I think Topps should have just put them in the packs instead of eBay. As many others have said, just another way Topps is trying to make more money.

- R.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I purchased a few back when they came slabbed in a BGS holder. I thought for $10 it was a pretty good deal.

If you're buying it because you like it, and you can afford it... go for it! If you're buying it to flip later, I'd listen to craiger122003.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I like them. Come with COA and sealed in uncirculated holders now. With Topps vault sticker. Cards of last couple years also have the Topps Vault impression in them. They go pretty cheap, a few can go crazy. Sometimes you see Ginter ones go for huge prices. The Dodgers from a couple years ago would go for hundreds. Tebow blank back from this went in the hundreds. I like Topps vault stuff, they have some really cool stuff they sell.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
gimmick |?gimik|
noun
a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

hype |h?p|
noun
extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion : she relied on hype and headlines to stoke up interest in her music.
• a deception carried out for the sake of publicity.
verb [ trans. ]
promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits : an industry quick to hype its products.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I've bought one. Granted it was only for like 10-12$. Forget what my high bid was, but probably wasn't much more.
And I voted lame.
Think the lameness is the fact Topps is basically fabricating 1/1 cards to simply increase profit.....but having bought one myself, guess it's not lame enough that it's not worth it for a PC guy if the price is right

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
trademhigh said:
I was tempted to go with lolwut or lame, but I went with waste of $$.
I went with Derek Jeter.

Do they only sell blank backs? Or do they have blank fronts too? (lol)

Latest posts