Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

California-Berkeley baseball program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.

Jan 15, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
Most will transfer, I was thinking about going to Cal, but I might not since they don't have a baseball program and I am fairly good at baseball.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
They'll probably all transfer and they do not have to sit out a year.

Really sucky that a PAC 10 school in a baseball goldmine can't afford a team. Stupid Title IX.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Just wondering.
Most will transfer, I was thinking about going to Cal, but I might not since they don't have a baseball program and I am fairly good at baseball.
You play with Shawon?

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?

Jan 15, 2009
boxbreaker44 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, he is older than me. I played with Bryson Brigman. He is on the 40-man for 16U USA.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, he is older than me. I played with Bryson Brigman. He is on the 40-man for 16U USA.
Dont you go to the same school as him?

Jan 15, 2009
boxbreaker44 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
If I make it good in baseball, then I will probably go to a local school...

I hear St. Cloud is getting rid of their football program... I hope they keep baseball for a couple more years.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="TBTwinsFan":34qffhqy]I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.[/quote:34qffhqy]
ah

Jan 15, 2009
boxbreaker44 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="GiantsSuperCollector":3t8v266o][quote="TBTwinsFan":3t8v266o]I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.[/quote:3t8v266o]
ah[/quote:3t8v266o]
Yeah, my and Bryson are pretty good friends though. He said he can play in the summer, how does that work?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
boxbreaker44 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="boxbreaker44":2ii7lpvp][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":2ii7lpvp][quote="TBTwinsFan":2ii7lpvp]I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.[/quote:2ii7lpvp]
ah[/quote:2ii7lpvp]
Yeah, my and Bryson are pretty good friends though. He said he can play in the summer, how does that work?[/quote:2ii7lpvp]
There are college summer leagues and teams all over the country. Like 90% of D1 player plays on some kind of summer league team.

Jan 15, 2009
Hallsgator said:
boxbreaker44 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="GiantsSuperCollector":1aq8sf26][quote="boxbreaker44":1aq8sf26][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":1aq8sf26][quote="TBTwinsFan":1aq8sf26]I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.[/quote:1aq8sf26]
ah[/quote:1aq8sf26]
Yeah, my and Bryson are pretty good friends though. He said he can play in the summer, how does that work?[/quote:1aq8sf26]
There are college summer leagues and teams all over the country. Like 90% of D1 player plays on some kind of summer league team.[/quote:1aq8sf26]
Sorry, I meant for USA baseball. He is on the 40-man roster right now for 16u.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Hallsgator said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="boxbreaker44":xwqam0qa][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":xwqam0qa][quote="boxbreaker44":xwqam0qa][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":xwqam0qa][quote="TBTwinsFan":xwqam0qa]I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.[/quote:xwqam0qa]
ah[/quote:xwqam0qa]
Yeah, my and Bryson are pretty good friends though. He said he can play in the summer, how does that work?[/quote:xwqam0qa]
There are college summer leagues and teams all over the country. Like 90% of D1 player plays on some kind of summer league team.[/quote:xwqam0qa]
Sorry, I meant for USA baseball. He is on the 40-man roster right now for 16u.[/quote:xwqam0qa]
He plays for Team USA during the summer and his school during the school year. Is that what you mean?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Hallsgator said:
Hallsgator said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="GiantsSuperCollector":3lho0tnb][quote="boxbreaker44":3lho0tnb][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":3lho0tnb][quote="boxbreaker44":3lho0tnb][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":3lho0tnb][quote="TBTwinsFan":3lho0tnb]I know it is WAY old news that they discontinued their baseball program (it was announced at the beginning of October), but does anyone know what their players are going to do now? A couple guys there were on the Stingers, and I heard a rumor that they were going to transfer.

Just wondering.
You play with Shawon?
Nah, never went to Valley Christian. I went to a rival of them until I transferred, Archbishop Mitty.[/quote:3lho0tnb]
ah[/quote:3lho0tnb]
Yeah, my and Bryson are pretty good friends though. He said he can play in the summer, how does that work?[/quote:3lho0tnb]
There are college summer leagues and teams all over the country. Like 90% of D1 player plays on some kind of summer league team.[/quote:3lho0tnb]
Sorry, I meant for USA baseball. He is on the 40-man roster right now for 16u.[/quote:3lho0tnb]
He plays for Team USA during the summer and his school during the school year. Is that what you mean?[/quote:3lho0tnb]

I am sure most if not all do this. (under college level)

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
That Berkeley is a goofy school IMO, Its not a jock school and baseball was never really one of their big teams compared to many other schools in the Bay Area, but its still surprising, this is the first time Ive heard of this ( I dont have TV).

Games that I saw there years ago, and games that I played against them, they never really seemed to have fans at. That ball field is goofy too, its too tight there, building all the way around, uneven levels, no room for parking and not much seating from what I remembered, but this was 25 years ago.
I do remember well... hitting 2 HRs into the Football Stadium in right, and one 2B off the center field fence that must have been 30' high and 420' ;)

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Hallsgator said:

Really sucky that a PAC 10 school in a baseball goldmine can't afford a team. Stupid Title IX.

Being in a state that's Billions in the hole probably had nothing to do with it.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
gvsu96 said:
Hallsgator said:

Being in a state that's Billions in the hole probably had nothing to do with it.
They wouldn't have to spend money on sports no one cares about if wasn't for Title IX.

Members online

Latest posts