Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally had a run in with a crazy ebayer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
http://myworld.ebay.com/allhopeisgone19 ... AQ:US:1181

About a week or so ago I won a Best Offer on this.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _528wt_932

I offered around 2 and went out till around 6. I got two messages in all caps asking If I was going to pay for this card already.

So I get home and go to pay and I notice that shipping is 1$ when in the auction it said FREE. *red flag Number 2*
I then told him I wasn't going to complete the transaction until it was free and he changed it two days later.
Fast foward to yesterday. I leave feedback stating he tried to dock me for shipping when it says free ect ect. and I get this YOU ARE NOW BLOCKED FROM ALL MY AUCTIONS!
YOUR INVOICE'S WERE SENT AS THE AUCTION WAS!
IT WAS A "MISTAKE" AS IT WAS FIXED AFTER THE FACT!
YOU LEAVE COMMENTS LIKE THAT! YOU ARE FINISHED FROM MY AUCTIONS!
GOODBYE! B PLEASE! CARD IS MINT! FAST SHIPPING! EVERYTHING! GET OVER IT!
DREW!

Yikes glad these transactions are few and far between.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
So you waited 4 days to pay when it specifies payment was to be made in 3 days? Then you left unflattering feedback after the guy corrected the SMALL problem concerning $1 shipping?

Sounds like you both have issues to me.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I don't think he's talking about the 2nd and 6th as in four days. I think he's talking about 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm as in four hours.

Tom

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Why did you leave the comment in the feedback when it appeared to just be a mistake on his part in which he corrected?

hofmichael said:
Was the crazy Ebayer yourself?That is some shatty feedback to leave for a stupid problem that he fixed.
Mike

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
It took him 4 days to pay because it took 2 days for the seller to correct the invoice... and yes free shiping is free shiping. I would have waited for a correction as well.

But as for the comments you left in his feedback, was it really necessary ? I don't think so. You played with fire and he got upset.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
NECpilgrims8 said:
At the end of the day, if you're bitching about $1, you're in this for all the wrong reasons.

Probably should re-evaluate your priorities in his hobby.
Not at all. Its the fact it said free not 1$. It was a huge red flag after he asked me why I hadnt paid after 2 hours. Just sharing a story no need to be nasty what I did was completely fine and I am glad people agree.. You may be a mod but the attitude isn't needed.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
MarlinsManiac20 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
At the end of the day, if you're bitching about $1, you're in this for all the wrong reasons.

Not at all. Its the fact it said free not 1$. It was a huge red flag after he asked me why I hadnt paid after 2 hours. Just sharing a story no need to be nasty what I did was completely fine and I am glad people agree.. You may be a mod but the attitude isn't needed.

No you shouldn't have said anything in the feedback at all. That was a ****** move.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

Red Flag for what? That he made a mistake? Wasn't like he scammed you or anything.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
It sounds to me like the guy made a mistake. He fixed it when you pointed it out. Your feedback comment was unnecessary and while I don't necessarily agree with the seller's reaction, it couldn't possibly have been totally unexpected for you.

I don't think there are many here who would defend the way he handled it. But there aren't many who would defend the way you handled it either.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
MarlinsManiac20 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

You see attitude in my post? Probably the same reason why you couldn't resolve this mistake with the seller.

I am giving you my opinion and trying to convey how crazy it is to get so worked up over $1. I understand that prospecting is about profit and buy-in prices, but $1 isn't going to kill you.

You should have worked it out with them without the feedback text. You instigated the situation before any resolve.

If he had wanted to charge $1 and made a mistake on the listing template to reflect that, would you have thrown the same hissy fit?

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

You see attitude in my post? Probably the same reason why you couldn't resolve this mistake with the seller.

I am giving you my opinion and trying to convey how crazy it is to get so worked up over $1. I understand that prospecting is about profit and buy-in prices, but $1 isn't going to kill you.

You should have worked it out with them without the feedback text. You instigated the situation before any resolve.

If he had wanted to charge $1 and made a mistake on the listing template to reflect that, would you have thrown the same hissy fit?

What a stupid comment! The buyer probably should'nt have said anything since it was fixed---but free shipping means free shipping. I would love to just add a dollar whenever I wanted.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
ccouch (Chad) said:
It sounds to me like the guy made a mistake. He fixed it when you pointed it out. Your feedback comment was unnecessary and while I don't necessarily agree with the seller's reaction, it couldn't possibly have been totally unexpected for you.

I don't think there are many here who would defend the way he handled it. But there aren't many who would defend the way you handled it either.
Lol not looking to start things... The guy refused to change it for me at first.Also it wasnt "over a dollar so you could stop saying that it was just the morals of some people because he obviously needed the $ and tried to sneak in the shipping charge. Pure value of morals that I didn't like not the 1$ charge lol.

Members online

Latest posts