Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Topps Traded Question???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Does anyone know if Topps ever released the information of how many 1999 Topps Traded sets were produced. I'm trying to figure out the print run of the autos which were seeded one per factory set and without knowing how many sets were produced...that can't be figured out! If anyone knows, please let me know! Thanks.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I'd like to know this as well (at least a rough estimate). There are 75 cards in the set, so...1000 of each? 2000? More? IDK.

What I do know is that the cost on eBay for the Josh Hamilton card has basically doubled in the last week or two. Yikes.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Is this because of the 45 sets for sale on the bay? 1750 is way too high, not much chance you hit even 2 Hambones, and the others have taken a hit, except fot Crawford.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
there are PLENTY of these sets made. PLENTY

to think this set is rare is just not true

id say its safe to say there are 2,000 Hamiltons out there

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
100,000 sets is always the number i heard, leading to around 1200-1300 each on the autos.

This would put them a bit more rare than a base chrome auto as they're in the 1500-1750 range.
(then again there are no parallels, so its a bit more special than a base chrome auto)

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
We have hashed this out a few different times here, and it's always a best guess scenerio. However, it's commonly accepted that the print run was somewhere in the ~150,000 neighborhood. Perhaps a bit less, perhaps a bit more. And auto's should be in the print run of ~2000 plus or minus.

Having said that, there is certainly no shortage of any perticular auto.

Members online

Latest posts