Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autograph authenticator thread>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
My feelings:

JSA: I trust JSA's opinion the most
PSA/DNA: I don't trust their opinions much at all anymore, but they have the financial backing to be able to correct (read: pay) for any mistakes they make, plus they still have a somewhat strong brand name

That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I trust Richard Simon's opinion, but don't see many authenticated items from him in the marketplace. The only *** items I would trust are ones that come with L of A's from when Mike Gutierrez was their head authenticator. There is little way to tell which slabbed card of their's he would have authenticated though, other than to say that they would be old #'s in the old silver flip. Everything else I would avoid.

adamcore

Oct 19, 2010
So quick question. You get some signed IP or TTM then you send it to one of these places and they tell if authentic or not?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
adamcore said:
So quick question. You get some signed IP or TTM then you send it to one of these places and they tell if authentic or not?
Yes that is how it works.Even with IP autographs.It helps with resale value when the time comes to move the items.I have been get my items authenticated so it makes selling them easier for my family when I kick the bucket.
Mike

adamcore

Oct 19, 2010
Good call. I am in process of filling a book of Royals prospects autos and when I am not here anymore what in the world is my daughter going to do with them??
I may have to look into this.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Its all a crapshoot with most modern players who take less than 1.2 seconds to sign... In the future this era's sigs will hold little value in comparison to older era's with better penmenship for this fact alone

With the high % of modern players going to the "Joe Montana like" scribble sigs, any good con can fake one of these lame a$$ sigs with no identifiable letters in their name. The Zimmerman sigs recently posted are a good example.

Take a look at the Gehringer post, thats a real autograph, ....a 5 year old or a 95 years old can read it with no problem.

One day the players will learn, when they too cant read their own sigs.

when getting sigs in person, always bring your camera (or phone w/ camera) and take a pic of the player signing the item. It will help in future when someone tries to authenticate it. With TTM, keep the return envelope or any other proof that will help prove the scribble was probably done by the said player.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
adamcore said:
Good call. I am in process of filling a book of Royals prospects autos and when I am not here anymore what in the world is my daughter going to do with them??
I may have to look into this.

But it costs a lot... so I would only do the higher end prospects... like Moustakas. I bought a Moose IP on the board, and I will probably go ahead and have it slabbed.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Sean_C said:
My feelings:

JSA: I trust JSA's opinion the most
PSA/DNA: I don't trust their opinions much at all anymore, but they have the financial backing to be able to correct (read: pay) for any mistakes they make, plus they still have a somewhat strong brand name

That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I trust Richard Simon's opinion, but don't see many authenticated items from him in the marketplace. The only *** items I would trust are ones that come with L of A's from when Mike Gutierrez was their head authenticator. There is little way to tell which slabbed card of their's he would have authenticated though, other than to say that they would be old #'s in the old silver flip. Everything else I would avoid.

thanked!

Members online

Latest posts