Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New to the boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I am new to the boards and wanted to say hi. I collect Mike Trout, Ryan Braun and Dustin Pedroia. What do I need to know about these boards? I have heard good and bad things and wanted to find out for myself.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
1. Don't piss off the mods
2. Don't start Morning Threads
3. Don't act like me

The rest should be gravy.

Welcome to the boards

G

Awesome, can't wait to see what this site has to offer. That seems like any other type of thread, blog, etc site. Mods are in their own world.

welcome... never wear white after labor day, never talk with your mouth full, never try to convince anyone your local minor league team uses aluminum bats, and if you take a picture of a tea pot put some damn pants on! those are the rules i live by daily follow them you shall survive...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Nah, the mods are really cool. Much better than any other sports card message board out there. They aren't on a different level than regular posters and don't abuse their power. If you have a problem, just contact them

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
First thing to know about the boards is: It's the best, most informative, most active, and while still dominated by baseball, it's diverse (from vintage to prospects, low end to high end, and everything in between).
Other key traits -
-It's Freedom! Meaning everyone's welcome along with their opinions. Some will be irritating.
-If you have a question no matter how obscure, chances are if you posted it on 5 different boards, it'll be answered here first.
-The generosity and overall quality of members far outweigh any shady characters or trolls. (although trolls are among the population).
-Although there's no "trade manager" quite yet, there is a pretty active transaction community, but the big draw is the community itself, and hobby talk/discussions.
-It boils down to being a bunch of people from all over the place who have a passion for collecting sports cards and collectibles. Have fun with it!

And welcome aboard.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
What are your goals for being here?

Trade connections?
chit chat?
showing off your collection?

Welcome aboard!

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
cgilmo said:
brouthercard said:
What are your goals for being here?

Trade connections?
chit chat?
showing off your collection?

Welcome aboard!

This would be the wrong place if you were looking for your soul mate.

you never know :?

Welcome!

Show us some of your Trout's!

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I know someone here who collects almost exacly who you collect, his name is securedsports, if you want to trade or talk about you 3 guys contact him!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
You'll soon learn to love the "inside" jokes.
You might be asking yourself, why wouldn't I know that wood bats don't go ping?

Here's the thread - http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108822

Since it involves your boy Trout, and one of the better threads this month, you should check it out. It also frames up nicely how this board interacts :lol: (the fun starts at the top of page 2)

G

ThoseBackPages said:
Rule #1 Dont be a dick

dont break Rule #1 and you'll be fine

welcome aboard!

So your saying I should read the rules :)

Members online

Latest posts