Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is gonna be the World Series price spike guy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
It often happens when someone breaks out and has a huge World Series to display their talent to a country who perhaps didn't know that much about the player. Sometimes people realize what an impressive career the player has already had, and the WS exposure is just what it takes to send people to ebay.

Josh Hamilton isn't going to get the chance to hit, (plus people already know about him)

Guys like Kinsler & Young are under-rated in their careers, and would be great suspects for something like this. However neither seems to be mashing the Giants pitching yet.

Vladdy is a good example of a guy who can get re-discovered, but not playing tonight hurts.

Lincecum, as popular as he is to card collectors, might get a nice spike with the casual fan crowd. But casual fans dont often hit ebay, but he's one that could actually drive that kind of interest.

Cody Ross is playing great, but his career isn't that of a star.

The guys i was pegging were either Jon Sanchez, or Matt Cain.

Sanchez can break out with a 12+strikeout game at any point. He's already thrown a no-hitter, and is still very young. His career potential is limitless, and a world series performance can send people in a tizzy. His TERRIBLE start against Philly doesnt' bode well.

Cain, however is riding something like 23 innings of shutout postseason ball. Plus his career has been under-rated to this point by a team that never scores for him, and the fact that the east coast is asleep while he's ruling.

I wonder if people will discover that Cain would be ridiculously popular & expensive on the East Coast.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I think exposure on N.Feliz's 100MPH fastball & the fact he's a rookie may allow him to gain some SV....But overall I was thinking Nelson Cruz as soon as I saw they were headed to the World Series, he's got so much talent & he's basically undiscovered by the casual fan (I think if he has some nice performances he'll surge in the SV department)! ;)

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Not like he's got much for career numbers but if Uribe keeps this up and is an MVP of this series, his stuff should jump. Problem is, I think it would be very short term and there isn't enough time to buy stuff of his to flip. You either already got it sitting in boxes and can flip it quick or ya miss out on this one.

God, I'm so tired of this stupid Yankee//Tacos Bell chalupa commercial! Who eats that crap anyway? It's disgusting and I wouldn't feed it to a pet, nevermind putting it into a human body.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I was hoping it would be nelson cruz. He is batting over .300 with 5 homeruns and 10 rbi, better numbers than cody ross, yet no one is talking about him!!! I don't get it.

I listed my cruz and andrus stuff tonight. Crossing my fingers.

Skrip

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
ballerskrip said:
I was hoping it would be nelson cruz. He is batting over .300 with 5 homeruns and 10 rbi, better numbers than cody ross, yet no one is talking about him!!! I don't get it.

I listed my cruz and andrus stuff tonight. Crossing my fingers.

Skrip
I think it is bc Cruz was already a good player going into the playoffs. It isnt all that surprising that he is doing good. Ross is a surprise. And in a month or so his cards will be back down.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
I think exposure on N.Feliz's 100MPH fastball & the fact he's a rookie may allow him to gain some SV....But overall I was thinking Nelson Cruz as soon as I saw they were headed to the World Series, he's got so much talent & he's basically undiscovered by the casual fan (I think if he has some nice performances he'll surge in the SV department)! ;)

Great call on Nelson Cruz, just hasn't done it yet, but theres' still time.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
So it looks like the consensus is Cain and Cruz.

Cain tends to do his work quietly (compared to say, Lincecum) but i think people will start to realize how great he's been.

If he puts the series away next week with another win,,,,,,,,he's probably the MVP.

unless Uribe hits this next pitch out.........

Members online

Latest posts