Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone collect the Pride series cards from 2006?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
You know I do!

I have the base set, some silver and gold auto replicas, a bunch of hologram type inserts, and this rare Nog sports flicks type card. I think it is like one in 10 boxes or so. The real autos in that set were numbered to 10 and INSANELY tough to pull. The Fedor in that set is the true holy grail of MMA cards. I saw the Takada auto for sale once, but thats it.
nogeira.jpg

fedorc3.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I dont have any yet, but we've talked about them a few times in the past. I thought it was a cool set.

87FC2496B1
FB846373C6
322B94C4F4
752BC813F1

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Ty Hope said:
You know I do!

I have the base set, some silver and gold auto replicas, a bunch of hologram type inserts, and this rare Nog sports flicks type card. I think it is like one in 10 boxes or so. The real autos in that set were numbered to 10 and INSANELY tough to pull. The Fedor in that set is the true holy grail of MMA cards. I saw the Takada auto for sale once, but thats it.
nogeira.jpg

fedorc3.jpg

How do you tell the "real auto's" & the IP's &/or fakes? Also, how were these Pride cards distributed? I'd LOVE to get my hands on some packs but all I've seen is singles (or in set form) & I wouldn't know an authentic Pride card from a fake... :?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
The real autos are #d to 10 and were signed in gold ink. Only saw one though so not sure about all of them.

Trust me, you will NEVER see one. Only 5 or 6 signers and 10 each, so the odds were astromical then. I check the Japanese yahoo auction site (ebay isnt popular in Japan) and no luck.

The set itself was available only live in pack form at live PRIDE events, through a handful of hobby shops, or directly from the manufacturer. I was able to buy 5 boxes when they released and they were a blast to open. My big hit was the Nog sportsflicks style "action card" that falls one in 10 or 12 boxes. Forgot.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Ty Hope said:
You know I do!

nogeira.jpg

fedorc3.jpg

How do you tell the "real auto's" & the IP's &/or fakes? Also, how were these Pride cards distributed? I'd LOVE to get my hands on some packs but all I've seen is singles (or in set form) & I wouldn't know an authentic Pride card from a fake... :?

The autos you see Ty posting are called inlaid. They came in Silver and gold. They are similar to the early-mid 90's UD Collectors Choice releases.

Like Ty said, dont worry you will NEVER see a real auto.

As well like Ty said, the action cards, otherwise known as the motion cards were seeded 1 per case.

Now for the boxes, I know a guy who could hook you up.
He's sitting on a cases of this stuff but the question is how much do you really want to spend?

I have an unopened box sitting at home and a guy put his deposit down. The total sale price is $470. My cost was just over $400 for that one box. And get this.
Its only an 8 pack box with 8 cards/pack!

LMK if you want a box and I have base singles if anyone is interested including guys like Shogun and Wanderlei. Each guy is about a $40-$60 card.
The last Wanderlei base I sold for $85 because I had a bidding war about a month ago!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Holy crap, base cards go for that much?? I never sold any and never looked into them either.

I remember buying boxes for like $50 apiece when they came out. Got 5 boxes but should have got more. Of course no one knew Pride was going under then... There was SUPPOSSED to be a Pride Bushido set to follow it up, but it was never released as far as I know.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Yeah the last Fedor base I sold for $80. Overeem is consistantly a $15 card and Shogun and Wanderlei are about $50. Although like I said the last Wanderlei I sold I got $85 for because I had 3 guys interested and the guy who won it needed it as the last card for his set.

Anderson Silva will routinely get abotu $50 as well!

The Fedor Gold sig is about a $200 card and I would say the silver is maybe $125-$150.

Then you have Mirko, Big Nog, Henderson who are about $15-$25 give or take.

The Fedor best bouts cards also will garner about $10-$20 as well.

I have a best bouts set I plan on listing this week!

Its starting to become the norm for MMA collectors to recognize the Pride cards as most guys true rc's.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Dear God... I have like $1000 worth of cards sitting in a box... hahaha

I'm gonna keep my favorites, but will be definitely be moving some stuff when I go home for the holidays.

Members online

Latest posts