Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about getting rid of stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
So as i get rid of stuff, I have 16 full 5000 count boxes I dont reall want pull sort and make lots for them. How would you get rid of them? I dont really want people coming to the house. I cant ship them because the cost would be to much.

I guess i could do craigslist, but dont caree for that.

HAs anybody done ebay with local pick up only?

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
rebelpawn said:
I bring all my stuff like that to my LSC. They throw me some product and I get more space.
Good luck

i have thought of that but there are very little shops around me and i dont want more Product. I am getting rid of everything. :)

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
MTBright said:
So as i get rid of stuff, I have 16 full 5000 count boxes I dont reall want pull sort and make lots for them. How would you get rid of them? I dont really want people coming to the house. I cant ship them because the cost would be to much.

HAs anybody done ebay with local pick up only?

I recomend just saving it. Some day you, or your family or friends, will have time and find it's a burried treasure. An LCS will give you a dime on the dollar for its ebay value, and also make money by breaking into smaller lots. Unless you REALLY need the space...spend some time with it, save it, share it...you won't regret it! : )

- Jkeys

PS - you may also be able to donate it to a local hospital or children's center with the Holidays coming up. It's a tax write off AND it does some good!!!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
MTBright said:

Has anybody done ebay with local pick up only?

Also, team lots sell really well on FCB. Offer up like 300-400 cards for a a few cents a card (helps with the shipping) and you will be flying. . I might be interested in picking some TTM signers up.

I have this same problem... and I need to get rid of cards big time.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
whats in the boxes? commons? if so, throwing them out is your best bet since you dont want to bother with any work

5 boxes of Bowman, Then a mixture of football basketball.

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
I actually donate my cards to local hospitals and charities.

I manage an Assisted Living community and every year, we do a silent auction for the Alzheimer's Association and I usually get rid of my cards that way - AND it's a tax write off (depending on what the stuff sells for). 50% go to the auction, the rest I donate between three hospitals and several shelters.

If you're less worried about a tax write off (which I need to say it's only a bonus), I would donate them to the the hospitals and service organizations.

Some of them will resell, like the Salvation Army, Goodwill, and United Way, but others, like the hospitals, enjoy dispersing them to the kids, which is what I personally prefer. And although probably not an option, but if you sort them out a tiny bit in the penny team bags, it makes it easier for the staff to hand them out. You'd be surprised how well this goes over as two of the three hospitals are located in slightly lower income neighborhoods and they use those donations to definitely benefit the neighborhood.

Good luck and best wishes!

Latest posts