Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is the SP'd or rare (90's insert)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
randomly inserted into packs at a rate of 1 in 4 - this 200 card set is parallel to the regular set and is similar in design. The prismatic foil background distinguishes it from the regular set.

- per the beckett baseball card almanac 2006 edition.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
What do you guys know about the foil edition then. There are a total of 4 versions of this card (base, foil, above and beyond, artists proof). I've got scans if you need them. I just don't know much about them.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
onionring9 said:
What do you guys know about the foil edition then. There are a total of 4 versions of this card (base, foil, above and beyond, artists proof). I've got scans if you need them. I just don't know much about them.

They were the retail version. I know because that's all I bought in '96.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
onionring9 said:

They were the retail version. I know because that's all I bought in '96.

Ah awesome! Thanks!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Yep
Available exclusively through seven card retail Super Packs, (srp $2.99), these foil cards are parallel to the basic 200 card summit set. The micro etched foil card fronts distinguishes them from the basic cards
complete set NrMnt - $50

Artists Proofs were randomly inserted into packs at rate of one in 36. Artists Proof logo stamped on front distinguishes... Stars 10x to 25x basic cards.

Wierd, I was just looking at a 91 California Sunflower set the other day and these Summit cards are on the same page. I never heard of either until last weekend!

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
so, is this johnson in the middle the same as the card originally posted?, or something else. I would put up a better scan, but the card already went out as a freebie(and i can't remember to who)... just curious now.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Probably useless but here are all the versions for picture reference in case somebody needs it:

1) base
2) foil
3) above and beyond
4) artists proof

w_1996--pinnacle_summit.jpg
w_1996--pinnacle_summit--silver.jpg
w_1996--pinnacle_summit--aab.jpg
w_1996--pinnacle_summit--ap.jpg

Latest posts