Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinion on Wax Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
My dad is coming in for Thanksgiving and I have bought a few boxes for us to open together, 2008 Bowman DP, 2010 Topps Chrome FB but what are the most fun boxes to open in your guy's opinion for under $150 a box? I prefer prospect/rc heavy sets but I am not afraid of the bling either.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
morgoth said:
My dad is coming in for Thanksgiving and I have bought a few boxes for us to open together, 2008 Bowman DP, 2010 Topps Chrome FB but what are the most fun boxes to open in your guy's opinion for under $150 a box? I prefer prospect/rc heavy sets but I am not afraid of the bling either.

Do some boxes of 2010 Bowman Chrome. At under $40 a box you can't go wrong and they are plenty fun.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bmc398 said:
morgoth said:

Do some boxes of 2010 Bowman Chrome. At under $40 a box you can't go wrong and they are plenty fun.

I would do this too. Plus there are some solid prospects in it

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I have been looking at those as well. I got my 2 boxes of Topps Chrome FB right at 40 bucks a box as well.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I put an offer of 125 on a guys 2008 SP Authentic FB box he had listed at 166 and he countered with 158.95. There are two BIN's listed at around 130 I thought maybe he would come down to the competitions level, no such luck.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
morgoth said:
blazers091 said:
2007/08 topps chrome BKB

Durant hunt? Whats a good price, I have seen about 120 a box so far.

that's a little bit too high. I'd go with something else as most of the rookies aren't that great besides durant. 2010 bowman chrome baseball would probably be a fun break for the price.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
i would avoid ebay and shop at Blowoutcards.com

they MIGHT have a midweek sale, and will have a weekend sale for sure

Thanks, I haven't shopped there much before.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
morgoth said:
ThoseBackPages said:
i would avoid ebay and shop at Blowoutcards.com

they MIGHT have a midweek sale, and will have a weekend sale for sure

Thanks, I haven't shopped there much before.

spend $99 and shipping is free. its a great place for wax, and if you need supplies, the free shipping is REALLY good

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I am going to the Sportsfest show in Chicago on Saturday, does anyone think there will be better wax deals there than online?

I can hold off and order on Sunday and I think still get it here in time for us to bust next week.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
morgoth said:
I put an offer of 125 on a guys 2008 SP Authentic FB box he had listed at 166 and he countered with 158.95. There are two BIN's listed at around 130 I thought maybe he would come down to the competitions level, no such luck.

I was going to say 08 SPA - CJ, Mendenhall, Ryan, Flacco, Rice, McFadden, Henne, Forte - all nice pulls to be had from that. Maybe I'll have to snag a couple, now that I think about it.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Yeah, I am going to look for 2008 SP Authentic at Chicago, Blowouts sold out and Ebay seems high.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts