Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 Box 2007 UD Masterpieces/2 Boxes 2008 Upper Deck Heroes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TenaciousJDD

I've already gotten my fill of Topps and Bowman Chrome so I decided to get my wax fix this weekend opening two products I have never opened before...ever! I got back into collecting seriously last year so it was nice to take a look at some products I missed while I was away.

It took only one pack for me to make up my mind about Masterpieces. I absolutely love everything about these cards right down to the paper they are printed on. I didn't pull anything Earth-shattering, but there seems to be a lot of value in these boxes. My auto was a scrub, but it is on-card and the 7 parallels (two numbered) in the box really make up for it. I really wish Upper Deck had taken the extra step and included some kind of guide to the different framed parallels. It took me a few minutes that the green bordered cards were actually two different variations(Windsor Green on the top row and Linen Green on the bottom). The Koufax and Jackson are both numbered to 50 and I think I've determined that the Koufax is the "Hades" frame and the Jackson is the "Rusted" frame. If there are any Masterpieces experts that can confirm this for me I would really appreciate it.

th_2008Masterpieces1.jpg
th_2008Masterpieces2.jpg
th_2008MasterpiecesKoufax.jpg
th_2008MasterpiecesJackson.jpg

I also really enjoyed opening up the two Heroes boxes. The design is pretty classic and I am a sucker for parallels. Collation was great as I was able to complete the main set with the two boxes and and pulled no more than two any card. The only anomaly was the Brown Lincecums. Those both came from the same box and are sequentially numbered. I've scanned the hits and the lower numbered parallels. As the parallels are so abundant it seems they can be had on the secondary market pretty cheap, which is great because I may try to chase one of those sets as well. I've just got to decide on a color!

th_2008UDHeroes1.jpg
th_2008UDHeroes2.jpg

Nothing in either of these boxes is going to make me rich, but for the price I was very pleased with the variety of cards I pulled. I only wish Upper Deck hadn't gone and stirred things up with Topps at the beginning of the year because both of these designs could be successful without logos, especially Masterpieces. ::facepalm::

TenaciousJDD

Thanks! I've been lurking for almost a year so I think I have a good feel for the place already. These boxes were so much fun I'm already looking into other older boxes to bust on here. Maybe that will be my gimmick. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts