Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nice neutral feedback I got today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Was given my first two neutral feedbacks b/c the case the cards came in was scratched....not the card...the case...

ARGH...

EDIT: They were E-topps mini cards and I guess he/she is mad they didn't come with a "factory plastic bag." I have no idea what this is as I bought these from another buyer and received/sent them as I got them.

And I really don't remember any eye-sore type scratches

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So bad, when things online are so out of your control and you have no way to pre-determine how the people will act...

Like PokerStars. :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I supposed I should've protected the case that was protecting the card inside another case. And then stuck it in the padded bubble envelope...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
markakis8 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1nfzypbt]Some people are just plain stupid. Did they at least contact you about it before leaving feedback?

Nope!

Of course not, because that would actually make sense.[/quote:1nfzypbt]

I replied to the feedback:

I'm sorry for not protecting the case with another case and your card was MINT!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sorry I couldn't help you with the PS mark.

You'll love this one. Pretty low stack, 1/2 of average. Flopped set of 8s with one being spade. 4 spades end up on board and he bets me All IN. :evil:

Folded it, but he never showed. Now, really low-stacked. Next hand, go all-in pre-flop with Ks. Some guy with 4,3 off calls and rivers a strait. :evil:

About as bad as complaining about a case... ::facepalm::

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
markakis8 said:
Was given my first two neutral feedbacks b/c the case the cards came in was scratched....not the card...the case...

ARGH...

EDIT: They were E-topps mini cards and I guess he/she is mad they didn't come with a "factory plastic bag." I have no idea what this is as I bought these from another buyer and received/sent them as I got them.

The bag they are talking about is a fairly sturdy zip-lock type bag. The eTopps cards get sent in one. Pretty petty with the feedback if you ask me.

I've got 10 in-hand, all from ebay, and I think only 3 or 4 actually came with the bags. I'd never think to give bad feedback because of it. Plus, if it wasn't in your pic, I don't see why they would be expecting it.

Here's what they are, just a generic plastic zip-loc bag:
bag.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
DWright5 said:
markakis8 said:

ARGH...

The bag they are talking about is a fairly sturdy zip-lock type bag. The eTopps cards get sent in one. Pretty petty with the feedback if you ask me.

I've got 10 in-hand, all from ebay, and I think only 3 or 4 actually came with the bags. I'd never think to give bad feedback because of it. Plus, if it wasn't in your pic, I don't see why they would be expecting it.

Here's what they are, just a generic plastic zip-loc bag:
bag.jpg

Ah gotcha. The only etopps cards I've had in hand was this entire mini set and one Jimmy Rollins I have in my collection. None of them came in bags.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Assuming the etopps cards come in a case with a topps sticker sealing it, I'd say justified feedback if the case is scratched! The case is as important than the card because if the case is scratched, the visual appeal of the card goes away. I know I wouldn't buy any cards if the factory case was obviously scratched and I'm not going to lose potential resale value by breaking the card out of its factory case to put it in a toploader or screwdown slab that has no scratches.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
rsmath said:
Assuming the etopps cards come in a case with a topps sticker sealing it, I'd say justified feedback if the case is scratched! The case is as important than the card because if the case is scratched, the visual appeal of the card goes away. I know I wouldn't buy any cards if the factory case was obviously scratched and I'm not going to lose potential resale value by breaking the card out of its factory case to put it in a toploader or screwdown slab that has no scratches.

The buyer should have at least contacted the seller FIRST before leaving the feedback IMO.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
markakis8 said:

ARGH...

Just to make sure I'm following you...Are you saying you listed this item for sale before you had received it from a recent purchase?

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
brian26 said:
markakis8 said:

ARGH...

Just to make sure I'm following you...Are you saying you listed this item for sale before you had received it from a recent purchase?

Pretty sure it means sold "as is". As in, they were sent out the same way they were received.

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
brian26 said:
markakis8 said:

ARGH...

I read it as he was speaking about the condition (sent them in the same condition as he received them from another seller, not direct from Topps) not the timeline (sent them as soon as he received them). Could've collected them then later decided to move them.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
pootshwan said:
rsmath said:

The buyer should have at least contacted the seller FIRST before leaving the feedback IMO.

yes, I'll grant you the buyer should have definitely contacted the seller first. I still don't think scratches on a factory case are acceptable as an end resuilt of whatever happens through communication. If it was on a non-factory case, then just replace the toploader or screwdown slab and all is good, but not do that with a factory case where the card inside is meant by the manufacturer to not be broken out of or touched.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
FWIW, I broke out all of my Etopps a couple of years ago after I had them delivered and just put them in a binder. I'm never going to sell them anyway, and the card is essentially worthless now anyway, so might as well be able to store them easily instead of taking up a giant box in the closet.

Latest posts