Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I believe this is now the most I've ever spent on one card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT

I know many of you probably spend more than this on a daily basis, but I was very excited with this purchase today. Since venturing into vintage I've really been wanting a T3. They are very tough and expensive though so to get a HoFer, even in this condition, for this price I feel was very good. I'm sure I'll post new scans in the vintage pick up thread when it comes in. :D

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
markakis8 said:
Not collecting Upton anymore? or is he set aside?

I still am, just not as much. Almost all of my pickups lately have been vintage though. I'll still snag a new Upton if I see it for a good price and I'm always up for trading for low end Uptons I need (which is a lot), but trading takes a lot of effort and I'm lazy :lol: I need to go on an Ohio State binge and catch up with a few I still need. I've also been thinking of going after a few new star autos for that portion of my PC.

Honestly I wish I could sell/trade/get rid of somehow and still get some value out of 99% of what I've got and put it towards other things.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Like I said over on Net54, Nice pick up. If I would have seen it I would have hit the BIN too. You didnt overpay. id say its worth about $200, maybe slightly more.

The back is nice and clean and adds to the value. When you get it, be careful of that bent corner, they can easily break off completely because the cards are brittle now.

PS on that Barry/Baker ID mixup on this card, its not so obvious and the people that designed the card may have done it on purpose. Most T3 collectors dont know this, so its no real big deal.
Barry and Baker have the same overall look, the only reason I knew about it was that its been brought up in threads a few times before with alot of photos to show it, otherwise I never would have guessed it myself.

I have bought about 10-15 of them over the years on eBay, never paid over $200 for a T3, except once in eBay early years I bought a Mathewson for $450 and resold it for $1800 a couple years later. It had dirt/caked dust all over it, and I cleaned it up perfectly with a damp tissue. It would be close to $3K now...

Here are a couple of mine I have now (I love to buy them with pinholes, to save big $$)

1911t3jennings.jpg

HOF Hugh Jennings

1911t3sallee.jpg

Slim Sallee

1911t3kleinow.jpg

Red Kleinow

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
PS. In case you didnt know, players like Cobb, Mathewson, Lajoie, Johnson, Waddell, Chase etc. are far more common than the others. Especially Cobb and Mathewson.

The person sending in the coupons could choose the player they wanted, so the common players and action shots are scarcer overall.

If you look at the back of the Kleinow you will see it has a #76 card added (Boxer Jack Johnson). There are 5 different backs, the 2 I have shown, the Ad back like yours (most desired), and there is also one that has only the checklist but no order info below it (the rarest). And also one that shows players #51 - #126.

Members online

Latest posts