Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about Breaking out PSA graded cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
I'm not much into graded cards. I have a question about PSA graded cards. Are they tough to break out if you don't feel the grade is just??? If you are able to break them out without messing up the card, what is the trick? Any help on this matter would be great!

Thanks,
BO

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
spcollector said:
I'm not much into graded cards. I have a question about PSA graded cards. Are they tough to break out if you don't feel the grade is just??? If you are able to break them out without messing up the card, what is the trick? Any help on this matter would be great!

Thanks,
BO

Pliers to break off a bit of the corner. Small straight screwdriver to separate the top from the bottom.

I break them out quite often, takes about a minute......just go slow at first.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
There are probably easier ways, but I did it once in this manner:
I put a cutting wheel on my Dremel and zipped off the top and bottom edges of the holder. The case then came apart quite easily. A word of caution if you do this though...be sure to do it in a well-ventilated area because breathing the fumes from melting plastic is very dangerous.

Also, in case it crossed your mind...don't bother contacting PSA to tell them that the card is no longer "graded". They don't update their database in these cases.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
carlitoson said:
There are probably easier ways, but I did it once in this manner:
I put a cutting wheel on my Dremel and zipped off the top and bottom edges of the holder. The case then came apart quite easily. A word of caution if you do this though...be sure to do it in a well-ventilated area because breathing the fumes from melting plastic is very dangerous.

Also, in case it crossed your mind...don't bother contacting PSA to tell them that the card is no longer "graded". They don't update their database in these cases.

They only remove items once the flip has been sent to them.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
They only remove items once the flip has been sent to them.
I guess I got the wrong person to reply to me, because I offered to do just that and she wrote back, "Don't bother". LOL

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I actually broke one open by sliding my fingernail along the crease. They are really easy to get open. Almost too easy.

Members online

Latest posts