Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robinson Cano 2003 SOF the future.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
He went on a ripping tear earlier this year and they increased a little. He would have to a lot for it to increase a lot, in my opinion, already a pretty good card though.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
He was in the running for mvp and they kinda moved and sat still since. I cant see them going much higher.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
clarkfan said:
He went on a ripping tear earlier this year and they increased a little. He would have to a lot for it to increase a lot, in my opinion, already a pretty good card though.

Yes He went on a tear ,.... But another year of great Ball would that send him into super star status?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bikerider60 said:
clarkfan said:

Yes He went on a tear ,.... But another year of great Ball would that send him into super star status?

He is already there. Won a championship a gold glove 3rd place mvp and a silver slugger.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Card hit $250 when he was really hot, and now is in the $125 range. He definitely has not hit superstar status in the hobby or the card would be worth 2x-3x what it is, though I'm not sure what it will take for him to get there. He may been to become to face of the Yanks after Jeter and Arod fade while maintaining a high level performance for it to happen. I wouldn't count on it happening anytime too soon though I think at current prices it's a solid deal.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Card hit $250 when he was really hot, and now is in the $125 range. He definitely has not hit superstar status in the hobby or the card would be worth 2x-3x what it is, though I'm not sure what it will take for him to get there. He may been to become to face of the Yanks after Jeter and Arod fade while maintaining a high level performance for it to happen. I wouldn't count on it happening anytime too soon though I think at current prices it's a solid deal.

Remember when his bowman chrome gold ref 9.5 was selling in the four digits. Thats hobby superstardom.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
Topnotchsy said:

Remember when his bowman chrome gold ref 9.5 was selling in the four digits. Thats hobby superstardom.
Was it superstardom, or the carry-over from his hype as a prospect? (I differentiate between the two based on who I assume is buying the cards largely. On the BC 9.5 I imagine many people were prospectors or were buying because of investment reasons, while increases later on are more likely collectors. Usually you can tell who it was if the high prices are at least somewhat sustained as it indicates widespread hobby recognition.)

I think that Cano is still a few notches below guys like Jeter, Pujols etc. in the hobby, and probably still below guys like Miguel Cabrera and Hanley Ramirez (deservedly so as those guys have had significantly better careers to this point.)

Members online

Latest posts