Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carl Crawford signs with the Boston Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Re: Carl Crawford to sign with the Angels

Nice. I didn't think there was any chance he would sign with the Sox following Werth's deal and was concerned that he would end up in NY. If this deal gets done, you have to imagine the Yankees will basically hand Lee a blank check for 6 years, and maybe even go 7 given what else is available in the market outside of trades

And yes, no official deal has been reported, but multiple sources stating that it will happen at some point.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI

I am trying not to nitpick on these threads. I believe Crawford will sign with the Angels too. But please.....no deal has happened yet your title seems to indicate this has already happened or at least that it's imminent (like the next few minutes)

We have discussed suspensions among the mods for misleading titles relating to player transactions. I'm not saying you are the worst offense as some others have used this gimick to get people to look at their threads. But please, please.....watch the titles of these articles.

Just because you heard this on Boston radio does not mean it has happened yet.

A more apt title: Deal For Crawford To Angels Almost Complete

Thanks.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

Yeah, they just said on espn that A SOURCE has indicated that Crawford will sign with the Angels.....UHHHHH

Remember a couple of years ago when Ric Bucher stated that Kobe Bryant would NEVER play another game for the Lakers?

These guys are a joke

skrip

braden

Aug 7, 2008

I wonder how smart it is to give Crawford a seven-year deal (which I assume he's getting). For someone whose two best skills are primarily based on speed, paying him oodles well into his 30s has at least a good chance of turning sour. Speed is usually the first thing to go, remember.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

Remember last year when Rafael Furcal signed with the Braves.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008

Maybe he can evolves into a more complete hitter as he loses his speed - maybe not Albert Pujols, but certainly a guy who is capable of hitting at least .290 with 20-22 home runs and maybe 90 RBIS.

He can probably steal 15-20 bases a year, even if most his speed goes in his 30s.

braden said:
I wonder how smart it is to give Crawford a seven-year deal (which I assume he's getting). For someone whose two best skills are primarily based on speed, paying him oodles well into his 30s has at least a good chance of turning sour. Speed is usually the first thing to go, remember.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL

Lars said:
Maybe he can evolves into a more complete hitter as he loses his speed - maybe not Albert Pujols, but certainly a guy who is capable of hitting at least .290 with 20-22 home runs and maybe 90 RBIS.

He can probably steal 15-20 bases a year, even if most his speed goes in his 30s.

I don't disagree, but what is a .290/20/90 slash worth?

That was my one hesitation about the Sox signing him. I'd be thrilled if they did, but I wonder about years 5-7.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008

baseballguy350 said:
Lars said:

I don't disagree, but what is a .290/20/90 slash worth?

That was my one hesitation about the Sox signing him. I'd be thrilled if they did, but I wonder about years 5-7.

Apparently about 7 years, $126 million

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas

braden said:

I can see what you are saying makes sense but the prevailing wisdom of the talking heads seems to be the opposite. They all seem to say players with a skill set like Crawford based on speed and athleticism age better than someone like Adam Dunn which is based on patience and power. I can't say which one I really believe!

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Re: I hate the Red Sox...

cowboysrule48 said:
The Red Sox have agreed to a seven-year, $142MM deal with Carl Crawford, according to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe

Holy #$%&^%%%. The Red Sox are going to be tough as nails next year. The Yanks better get Cliff Lee right this second.

Members online

Latest posts