Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carl Crawford Letter 2007 Topps Sterling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Did anyone buy or sell this card on Sunday? It was only listed for about 29 minutes and I'm so upset I missed it. I've been looking for this card for 15 years and I have the rest of the nameplate. I contacted comc on ebay and they were of no help in getting me in touch with the seller or buyer. If anybody can assist, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!Screenshot_20221010-111736_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20221010-111740_eBay.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wow, feel for you. I wonder if the knowledge that you have them all but C would help or hurt you. The buyer may know and think they can make a nice quick profit by selling to you or maybe they just like the card and have no clue you have the rest.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Yea. It's a crapshoot these days probably putting the info out there. I think if this was before covid, true collectors always helped each other. I actually remember losing our on one before and the person found out I was going for the nameplate and sold it to me for exactly what he paid to help me out.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
I got in tough with the seller but since he sold through comc, he has no idea who the buyer is. My search continues. I am glad to know that it exists. I can now at least print a picture and put it in a one touch next to the rest if I have to, haha.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Wow! Best of luck. That's truly impressive that you have all of the other 1/1 letters!!
Thank you very much. It's probably the set in my collection of which I am the most proud. Took a lot of time and energy constantly searching. I slacked off a bit in the last few years. I'm still distraught that I missed the ebay listing. I still can't get over that it was only listed for 20 minutes. I can't imagine who else would've been looking for it!!

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
@ktothep Have you thought about creating an eBay listing with the same exact card image and title with a ridiculous BIN price that no one would ever hit? Use the description to advertise that you are trying to get in touch with the purchaser of the card.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
or if you don't mind sharing that you only need the 1 card, it might be worth doing something similar to what deaconblues63 is suggesting but showing your cards instead and asking for the missing card.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Sorry to hear. This will probably hurt more, but I'm 99% sure I saw this card in a bargain bin for like $40 earlier in the year. I thought about it and decided the card was pretty bland [not a fan of Topps GU] and that no one cares about Crawford anymore so I figured it wasn't worth the hassle picking it up. Sorry.

If the card sold on ebay, I'd DEFINITELY create a listing advertising you're looking for it. It'll get removed, but you at least know the buyer is looking. Maybe use a 2nd account to avoid getting suspended and repost a couple times during different times and day.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to hear. This will probably hurt more, but I'm 99% sure I saw this card in a bargain bin for like $40 earlier in the year. I thought about it and decided the card was pretty bland [not a fan of Topps GU] and that no one cares about Crawford anymore so I figured it wasn't worth the hassle picking it up. Sorry.

If the card sold on ebay, I'd DEFINITELY create a listing advertising you're looking for it. It'll get removed, but you at least know the buyer is looking. Maybe use a 2nd account to avoid getting suspended and repost a couple times during different times and day.
Aww man, I missed out for sure twice now since the seller also had it on Facebook for $80. My inactivity during covid cost me here. I'm definitely going to create a listing on ebay soon. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you for all of the advice so far.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
COMC probably can't/won't help, but you could try them if you have not already tried. If it wasn't an auction, good chance the buyer snagged it on COMC, not through ebay (as you save $ going to their site direct).

Members online

Latest posts