Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would it take for any team to get King Felix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Seriously, the idea has come up almost in jest in the Lee threads regarding the Yankees, but it is worth thinking about.
1. The Mariners are going nowhere for a few years at least
2. They could get a TON of talent in return and really focus on rebuilding

This article was pretty good:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/t ... of_ya.html

Of course in the case of the Yankees you instantly trade Montero, no question and shouldn't question. They'll need at least one more major league ready young pitcher (Hughes most likely). And probably one more elite talent (say a Banuelos or maybe Betances). Then probably 2 more at least B levels prospects (one of the infielders like Adams or Joseph or Laird and another arm, say Adam Warren or Noesi or Phelps or Nova). If I'm the Yankees I make that deal in a heartbeat. The linked article suggest Cano, but there's no way Cashman is moving one of the elite middle infielders in the game in his prime.

What would it take for someone like the Rangers?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I would think the Yankees would try real hard not to include Hughes. While I agree Felix is a big upgrade on Hughes, the Yankees need SP and can not afford to trade one of there few good SP to get one.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
jbone17 said:
For the Yanks this would get it done:

Montero
Banuelos
Joba (Because he blows)
Corban Joseph
I make that deal as well. But do the Mariners make that deal? Remember, this is the team that thought Justin Smoak was a better bet than Montero...

And I agree, I do what I can to hold onto Hughes, but that's probably what it would take.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
D-Lite said:
jbone17 said:

Montero
Banuelos
Joba (Because he blows)
Corban Joseph
I make that deal as well. But do the Mariners make that deal? Remember, this is the team that thought Justin Smoak was a better bet than Montero...

And I agree, I do what I can to hold onto Hughes, but that's probably what it would take.

As a Yankee fan that would be a very nice deal if we get King Felix without giving up Hughes, Sanchez, Romine, and Betances. I love Montero to death and his upside is tremendous, but anytime you have the chance to get King Felix it is worth while. Montero would for sure have to be in the deal for this to happen whether I like it or not. On the Seattle side, I would not trade King Felix by any means. This is the guy who Seattle needs to build around to be successful. I would love to have Felix on the Yankees!

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
jbone17 said:

Montero
Banuelos
Joba (Because he blows)
Corban Joseph

No way I would do that deal if I was the Mariners. I wouldn't want to move him at all but 3 maybe's and a subpar setup guy doesn't come close. Felix is a legit #1, no significant injury history and hasn't even hit his prime yet. He's signed at a reasonable price for the next 4 years. Mariner fans would rightly revolt if they traded him.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Marro said:
The Phillies offer Blanton, Cash and minor league players for Felix.
And that probably gets it done these days. And then the headlines on every paper about the Yanks being the losers again.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
D-Lite said:
Marro said:
The Phillies offer Blanton, Cash and minor league players for Felix.
And that probably gets it done these days. And then the headlines on every paper about the Yanks being the losers again.

Felix would dominate in the NL and would love to be in the Phils rotation right now. Yankees have a lot of hurdles to overcome with there bullpen right now. I would love to see the Phils pursue a deal like i stated or a deal for Grienke very soon, Hopefully within the next two weeks. Think the Mariners would take the deal and trade Felix to help rebuild there team for years to come.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
As a Mariner fan I can only say I'd hate the shat out of Jack Z if he traded King Felix.
The Mariners still have him for another 4 years, and the way the farm system has turned out since Zduriencik arrived we could win the AL west in 3 years with some other moves, and we would need Felix for a shot at the playoffs.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
D-Lite said:
jbone17 said:

Montero
Banuelos
Joba (Because he blows)
Corban Joseph

How many Big League HR's does Montero have? Montero may turn out to be better than Smoak but it is still way too early to make that call yet. As far as Betances, he stays injured and Banuelos is a much better pitcher than he is. I would be surprised if Betances ever settles in to the Yankees rotation.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
If landing Gonzalez a year before he hits FA costs 3 of a decent system's top prospects, getting a player like Hernandez with four years left on his deal would likely take three 4-5 star prospects and an MLB-ready young player. Not gonna happen.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
[quote="D-Lite":rb7ja4u8]
jbone17 said:

Montero
Banuelos
Joba (Because he blows)
Corban Joseph

How many Big League HR's does Montero have? Montero may turn out to be better than Smoak but it is still way too early to make that call yet. As far as Betances, he stays injured and Banuelos is a much better pitcher than he is. I would be surprised if Betances ever settles in to the Yankees rotation.[/quote:rb7ja4u8]
I'm not denying any of this, but Montero has been a much better hitter at a younger age. And when the M's got Smoak he had all of 8 HRs and a .670 OPS. I don't think the above quoted deal gets it done either. And yes I realize you have a sig loaded with Smoak.

bigpapiMA32 said:
...would likely take three 4-5 star prospects and an MLB-ready young player.
My first post with Montero, Banuelos, Hughes, Joseph/Adams, Warren/Noesi/Nova kinda fits exactly that, no?

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
He is a Stud,the Mariners should be locking him up rightnow,if they havent already.I remember the grand slam he hit off of Santana a few years back,the look on Santana's face of Priceless.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I'd give them Montero in a second.

I would not give up Hughes + Montero. I realize King Felix is much better than Hughes, but why give up a 24 year old 18 game winner? How much better can Felix be? Win 20-22?

Hughes + other prospects, possibly.

Members online

Latest posts