Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which HOFer/s have the FEWEST on-card autographs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Hey guys, Im sorry if someone has ever created a similar topic but I did a search and did see anything after looking for a while. The reason Im asking is because Im trying to put together a small group of autos from various HOFers and wondered if anyone knows of any players with the lowest amount of on-card autos and maybe they are from key sets like the earlier GOTG sets, SI Greats, etc...

Any info would be appreciated!

-charliehustle

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Can you set some kind of baseline? There are a TON of HOFers with no on-card autos.

Edit-I guess you mean with at least one?

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Yes, sorry about that, I should have been more specific...with atleast one autograph and say, maybe less than ten? One that comes to mind is Don Drysdale as I know he has no "pack-pulled" autos but does have a Nabisco on-card auto...that might be a bad example but only one that comes to mind at the moment...haha

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Without any time frame, background, or any other info to go on, and just trying to pull something out of thin air (man was the question vague), I'd say Dennis Eckersley. He had the Fleer Ultra signatures back in the 90's, but I haven't seen a ton of other on-card signed items from him.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Willie Stargell passed in 2001, couldn't have had many. Also, some amnagers like Dick Willams and Earl Weaver, though still alive, have only had one or a few...

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Warren Spahn
Eddie Mathews
Willie Stargell
Rocky Colavito (I dont think he is in HOF)
Hal Newhouser
Hoyt Wilhelm
Early Wynn
Catfish Hunter

Most of these guys only had Autos from the Significant Sigs, 98 or 99 UD, 97 Topps Stars, SI greats or Fleer GOTG
I am sure there are more

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Mighty Bombjack said:
Gotta put Mantle here

Also, what about Campanella's Front Row cards? Don't know if those count.

Good topic

Didnt even think about the Campenella, good one on that one. Someone mentioned Pee Wee Reese but I dont think he even has an on-card auto that I know of, I think all are cuts, or Sweet Spots, etc...that's a tough one

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
charliehustle said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
Gotta put Mantle here

Also, what about Campanella's Front Row cards? Don't know if those count.

Good topic

Didnt even think about the Campenella, good one on that one. Someone mentioned Pee Wee Reese but I dont think he even has an on-card auto that I know of, I think all are cuts, or Sweet Spots, etc...that's a tough one

Yeah, I put a question mark next to Reese. I don't think he does have an on-card.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
no on cards for Pee Wee

Enos Slaughter comes to mind

Williams, Mantle, DiMaggio also had a couple

Koufax is limited on card, mostly stickers for him

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
If you count the "Front Row" autos as on-card (since the cert. is a separate document) than Reese does have such a card-
[center:lt2gclyo]reesefrontrow.jpg[/center:lt2gclyo]

Here are a few others whose only on-card auto is a "Front Row" (as far as I know)-

barlickfrontrow.jpgcampanellafrontrow.jpg

ferrellfrontrow.jpglemonfrontrow.jpg

dandridgefrontrow.jpgleonardfrontrow.jpg

Lou Boudreau may have another on-card auto but he has this-
[center:lt2gclyo]boudreaufrontrow.jpg[/center:lt2gclyo]

Drysdale I believe only has this card as previously mentioned-

[center:lt2gclyo]drysdalenabisco.jpg[/center:lt2gclyo]

Stargell has a 1999 SP Signature

[center:lt2gclyo]stargell99spsig.jpg[/center:lt2gclyo]

and these

stargellfrontrow.jpgstargellnabisco.jpg

Newhouser-
[center:lt2gclyo]newhousertopps.jpg[/center:lt2gclyo]

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Really digging this thread!!

If someone could provide a bit more info on Front Row, who they were, what they made, and whether there are any chances of forgeries etc. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Great call Scott! I forgot that Front Row did all of those; I only remembered the Campy.

Oh, and I gotta add this Stargell

Stargell.jpg

Topnotchsy said:
Really digging this thread!!

If someone could provide a bit more info on Front Row, who they were, what they made, and whether there are any chances of forgeries etc. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
I dont't have a lot of info, but I can tell you that not all of these sets were signed, so you should be careful about forgeries, especially with the Campanella. The others aren't exactly tough sigs.

Members online

Latest posts