Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which HOFer/s have the FEWEST on-card autographs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I collected every HOF'er that has a certified autograph, so some HOF'ers are really tough. The toughest didn't go in as players though:

Tommy Lasorda (only has a few certifieds)
Lee MacPhail (one of the toughest in my opinion, has only 1)
Leon Day (agree with the poster above about this one)
Satchel Paige (Goof's Pants, 1st certified released)
Johnny Mize (has the 1982 ASA autograph, that's it)
Ernie Harwell (added him after I went back and looked through the collection, he has a couple)

There may be a couple more, but that's some that were the toughest for me.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
MaineMule said:
Lou Boudreau may have another on-card auto but he has this-
[center:2m5uwmb7]boudreaufrontrow.jpg[/center:2m5uwmb7]

Boudreau also has a 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game, which sells fairly well, but not too expensive

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Oh, I forgot about 1 of the biggest ones.

Ted Williams.

He just has 3 or 4 pack pulled: The 1992 Heroes, the 1999 Epic Signatures Gold, the 1993 Ted Williams Baseball, the 1994 Ted Williams Football (shows him in his football jersey). Fairly hard to find, but definitely one of the most expensive.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
383astro said:
Warren Spahn
Eddie Mathews
Willie Stargell
Rocky Colavito (I dont think he is in HOF)
Hal Newhouser
Hoyt Wilhelm
Early Wynn
Catfish Hunter

Most of these guys only had Autos from the Significant Sigs, 98 or 99 UD, 97 Topps Stars, SI greats or Fleer GOTG
I am sure there are more
I believe Spahn has quite a few on card autos actually...

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
scotty21690 said:
383astro said:
Warren Spahn
Eddie Mathews
Willie Stargell
Rocky Colavito (I dont think he is in HOF)
Hal Newhouser
Hoyt Wilhelm
Early Wynn
Catfish Hunter

Most of these guys only had Autos from the Significant Sigs, 98 or 99 UD, 97 Topps Stars, SI greats or Fleer GOTG
I am sure there are more
I believe Spahn has quite a few on card autos actually...

I thought he only had a couple of on card. I know he had quite a few stickers. With stickers he probably has 25 autos. He said on card but he probably meant "on a card".

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Spahn has a ton of on card auto's. Topps by themselves made a crap load and then throw in Fleer and Upper Deck, he has more than most people think he would.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
clarkfan said:
I collected every HOF'er that has a certified autograph, so some HOF'ers are really tough. The toughest didn't go in as players though:

Ernie Harwell (added him after I went back and looked through the collection, he has a couple)

...you've been THANKED!! Just nabbed a Mize, which I never knew existed. One Goofy Pants on EBAY for bigger bucks.....

I have in my collection what I consider an on-card (not a cut) auto of all HOFers who have one (not including the Paige or Harwell as I do not include announcers/writers).

I heard Richie Ashburn *might* have a card from 1993 (same set as Newhouser) but have not ever seen one.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
No problem! Yeah, that Mize is a pretty underrated card. Usually $20 to $30 and its his only certified (serially numbered on reverse of card as well). Even cut autos occassionally bring that.

I've worked pretty hard on doing the same thing as you, obtaining every HOF'er that has an on card autograph, so its good to assist other collectors on cards I've located.

Ashburn may have one actually. I don't have it either though, so not 100% sure.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
clarkfan said:
No problem! Yeah, that Mize is a pretty underrated card. Usually $20 to $30 and its his only certified (serially numbered on reverse of card as well). Even cut autos occassionally bring that.

I've worked pretty hard on doing the same thing as you, obtaining every HOF'er that has an on card autograph, so its good to assist other collectors on cards I've located.

Ashburn may have one actually. I don't have it either though, so not 100% sure.

Would love to compare lists. I'll send you a PM with the HOFers I have. May be a couple of days.

Thanks, Scott

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Cool. I don't actually have a made up list, just had them in my head, so I may have missed a few that exist, but the 5 or so I mentioned with the Mize were the hardest for me to find, since they only have a 1 or 2 certified on card autos in some cases.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
clarkfan said:

What does the Lee MacPhail look like or what brand is it?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
charliehustle-

Are you aware that Beckett (dare I speak their name) has a search option for on-card autographs? I doubt it is perfect, but it works well. Type in someone's name, then click autographed, then on-card autographed.

I was curious about Earl Weaver and Dick Williams. Turns out Weaver has a ton, but Dick Williams only has three.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Hey thanks for the heads up on that, I had no idea they have a search for that. I will def give it a shot!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Well, this got me thinking that for the living HOFers the following have no on-card autos:

Pat Gillick
Doug Harvey

Did Bowie Kuhn ever have one? I do not think so.

Granted none of these are players.......

Members online

Latest posts