Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First bad trade for "Randomh" :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

Please disregard my bad grammar and or spelling. It's 12:38 AM here and i'm dead.

I’ve been trading online since March 2006 and in all my time, I never had a trading problem. I have over 100 trades on The Bench where I’m a HOF member, 12 here, and 30-40 on other sites over the years.

I mail my end of the deal the same day as it’s confirmed, the day after, or I personally contact the guy and tell him when I will mail.

Ok so here’s what went down:

The guy had a list of item for trade and I sent him a PM regarding a

2008 Donruss Threads Yohermyn Chavez /999 Autograph

Over the course of 2-3 days we managed to get a deal going.

I was going to send him a 2010 Topps Tribute Alex Rodriguez GU /50 BV 40 for it.
The BV and sell value was in his favor, but I went through the deal because I really dig Chavez as a prospect.

We agreed on the trade so I posted it and he confirmed it (OCTORBER 31, 2010). I pack the card up and mail it out the same day it was posted. A couple of days later I get a PM from a mod stating that “Mike” wants to cancel the trade and if I agree that a cancelation is ok. I tell the mod that we had a deal and it was confirmed and my cards out in the mail. I ask why he wants to cancel the trade, the mod responds with, “He thought he was trading you an unautographed version of the card not the autograph version.” I was like “WTF?” the card that I wanted in the thread of his was an “autograph tradelist”!?!? I refused to allow the deal to be canceled and the mod kept the deal in effect. I send PMs to “Mike” but he doesn’t answer them. Time goes by with me still thinking that I will get my end of the deal and he will mark “receive”. Time flies by and it’s now freaking December. I file it as a bad trade and explain the whole situation to a mod.

The mod explains that he has also filed a bad trade against me.

I ask him “Why I get a bad trade filed against me if he got my end of the deal, but refuses to mark receive because he’s mad that this trade went through?”

Every trade I have EVER sent was received. From PWEs to Giant 6 dollar mailers. I’ve never had to send one of those Signature Confirmation things because I don’t deal in mega high value cards, and I still believe that people are honest and everyone has some code of integrity.

I can understand the card getting destroyed by the post office, but he didn’t provide any pictures or anything.

I ask the mod if he ever mailed out his end of the deal. He responds with “He finally admitted to me that he never sent his end of the deal.” I was like what the hell? I don’t have a new trader avatar? I’m a HOF member there why would he not send his end of the deal?

Have yet to get a response from the mod.

All in all try to avoid this massive ********* Mike Ortega from American Canyon, CA on The Bench his username is “Mike” and here is his profile.
http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench ... php?u=7516

I know it’s not a thousand dollar superfractor but the fact that he lied and gets no punishment or suspension for it is ridiculous. I know there is “no proof” but this guy is a lying dbag. The guy played a smart game and basically conned me out of my card.

I’m done bitching haha goodnight guys!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Looks like he's a H.O.F. member too, so he's getting some leeway maybe?

That sucks things went wrong. Hopefully you either get your end back or what he owes out of it.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
That sucks dude. I used to trade a bit on the old Beckett site and never came across any turds.
I might have an extra Yo Chavez auto. Pm me your addy.

RandomH

Card Magnet - That's what I was thinking. Since he's HOF he's an angel and he's protected from any wrongdoing ::facepalm:: The trade is pretty much over, the mod said "you can mark it as a bad trade and move on." I'm just grateful this wasn't like a mega PC item!

aarne13 - I take everyone as honest, but I guess I was wrong :benson: . It's crazy how people cheat you out just to get back at you for a lame reason. I really appreciate your offer. Once again this board proves itself as the best on the web. You've made my day :)

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
RandomH said:
Card Magnet - That's what I was thinking. Since he's HOF he's an angel and he's protected from any wrongdoing ::facepalm:: The trade is pretty much over, the mod said "you can mark it as a bad trade and move on." I'm just grateful this wasn't like a mega PC item!

aarne13 - I take everyone as honest, but I guess I was wrong :benson: . It's crazy how people cheat you out just to get back at you for a lame reason. I really appreciate your offer. Once again this board proves itself as the best on the web. You've made my day :)

I know it doesn't soften the blow, but seriously I've learned that anything you care to lose should be shipped with DC. Regardless the level of trust you think you have with the other party.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Is Mike on here?

If not, please let us know if you ever see him show up, that way I can avoid him man.
Sorry for the crappy deal. I'm had nothing but great dealings with you.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Well I would have to thing these numbers should change now that you did not get your end of the deal
From Mikes Profile
Packaging: 5.0
Delivery Time: 5.0
Communication: 5.0
Condition: 5.0
No. of Ratings: 148
Scale: 0.0 to 5.0

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Did he, at the very least, offer to mail your card back?

That first assumes he received it. Who knows, he might have received but didn't mark it since he now doesn't "like" the trade.

RandomH

Learned my lesson with the whole DC thing. Even though it's gonna get even more $ to trade.
I have no idea if he's here. I sure hope not.

Yeah I think those ratings should drop, but he'll just do the same thing for me. :evil:

I pmed him and he never answered. I bet my life he received it but didn't mark it because he doesnt like the trade. But what can you do? There's no proof to support my side. It's all about integrity and values and the guy just lacks them.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
RandomH said:
Learned my lesson with the whole DC thing. Even though it's gonna get even more $ to trade.
I have no idea if he's here. I sure hope not.

Yeah I think those ratings should drop, but he'll just do the same thing for me. :evil:

I pm'ed him and he never answered. I bet my life he received it but didn't mark it because he doesn't like the trade. But what can you do? There's no proof to support my side. It's all about integrity and values and the guy just lacks them.
What sucks here for me is that you sent your end and was leaning in his favor so why would he back out if he got a card valued more to him then what he was giving up. If I read that right. I'm going to go over to the boards (thebench and give him a piece of my FCB mind) what a **** bag he is to take advantage of one of my Brothern from FCB :grouphug:

Oh and the non trade we have going on here is still on. I'm almost done going thru my A/G case and will have you base set needs filled soon ;)
Richard

RandomH

You did read it right.

He didn't send his end because he got mad with the whole me not allowing the cancelation of the deal even though we both clicked confirm on it and I mailed out ::facepalm::

Haha Rich don't worry about it!!!!!!!

Sounds like a plan man! Thanks! :grouphug:

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
RandomH said:
tombb25 said:
American Canyon is 10 minutes south of me, I live in south Napa, want me to go take care of it? :twisted:
:lol: , it's all good man. Miggy said the same thing in the chatroom last night haha.

Wouldn't that be something though...show up at his door and just say "I'm gonna need that Tribute Arod back" the look on his face would be priceless :lol:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
RandomH said:
tombb25 said:
American Canyon is 10 minutes south of me, I live in south Napa, want me to go take care of it? :twisted:
:lol: , it's all good man. Miggy said the same thing in the chatroom last night haha.
Miggy is a thug. Send him, send him!!

Maybe he can take the bat his buddy stole from Fenway when they jumped the fence. :cool: :cool:

Members online

Latest posts