Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After a long journey, my top wanted card from EEE is here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
So in the Black Status tracker I noticed Messier2 post that the Todd Cunningham Status had been pulled and was on sportslots. The Seller wanted 160 for it, which may have been a little high, but I haven't been buying much of anything lately, and this was the top card I wanted in the whole product.

Todd played for the Falmouth Commodores in 2009 and won the League Prospect of the Year. But I first met him at the team's kick off dinner right before the season. I didn't really know anyone at the dinner yet as I was the newest board member, and also the youngest and felt pretty awkward not knowing anyone.

But I spotted one of the players off on his own and looking as out of place as I felt, so I went over to him and introduced myself "You look as awkward as I feel right now, I'm Rob Zeida." "Yeah, I don't know anyone here really, I'm Todd Cunningham"

We talked for a few and he just came across as a really down to earth kid. I knew nothing about him as a baseball player, just that he was a nice kid to talk with. I went home that night and told my wife "I really only talked to one player at it, Todd Cunningham. Don't know if he is a temp player (We have players who only are on team for a bit until Team USA trials and CWS are over) but really hope for good things from him."

Well Todd hit .400 going in to the last few games of the season, he didn't quite make it as he had a rough last few games, but he was a great member of our team. He worked insanely hard, he was as nice as anyone could be, and we still talk to this day pretty regularly.

ToddCunningham2010EEEBlackStatus.jpg

But the story with the card is, since I never use SportsBuy it had an old address for me listed to ship to and I didn't even notice. So the card went out and was refused at the address since I was no longer there around the 2nd of the month. The card then went on a tour of the East Coast from Mass to NH back to Mass to NJ and sat in NJ for about 3 weeks until around the 21st it was scanned in Florida where the original seller was from.

The seller got the card back the day before Christmas eve and sent it right out to my correct address and I got it in hand today and was super excited.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
What we need Rob is a shot of Lil' Papi, the card and Todd for the complete circle.

Nice pick-up.

Lil' Papi was in the team picture from that season. I got that here somewhere.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
One morning bump, still pretty damn happy about this card. I have a status from every year from my team other than 07 at this point in Kyle Weiland, AJ *******, and Todd Cunningham.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Excellent! I was just going to PM you on whether you got the card or not!

Glad it made it to your collection! :D

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Excellent! I was just going to PM you on whether you got the card or not!

Glad it made it to your collection! :D

Yes, thanks for the help. I ended up getting the AJ ******* and this within a few days. Got a steal on the AJ and probably a little over paid on this, but it evens out. Probably came out ahead a bit when you take AJ in to consideration.

And to everyone who always says people can't buy prospects for PC, I have seen this player play probably around 30 games. Seen him take BP, work in the cage, and everything so this is the example of a prospect being PC. Changing my collection in this way has really been beneficial since I never have to worry about them getting traded like collecting Red Sox prospects. Once they played here they always did. In fact I'd rather see them on smaller teams in pro's as long as they get playing time.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
Great story and card!

Thanks, I would have loved it on card, at least he did have that option for one at least. I hopefully will be getting a few of the unsigned parallels signed in the future from him. I like an IP signed EEE parallel better than a sticker by a TON. The unsigned parallels are dirt cheap usually too at least.

Members online

Latest posts