Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The upturn of a down offseason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Everyone who has bought/sold cards knows that the off season is usually slow. Prices tend to drop after the WS as people's interests move to other sports. At the same time though, supply usually drops as fewer people are selling at the same time.
I'm found that there is often a time in the offseason where the diminished supply overrides the decrease in demand and prices see nice spikes, especially on items that are not showing up as frequently as they do during the season. Slightly high BIN's seem to be getting hit as buyers get tired of waiting. Has anyone else experienced or seen this?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Seems to happen after Christmas every year. People get some spending money and decide to make a stash of a player(s). It's usually BIN's getting hit because people don't list cards auction style anymore..lol

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I've been selling all summer long with baseball and haven't noticed a decrease. But then you never see the increase you do if the player does something good either.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
Lot of people are off from work. Which means more people on Ebay with money to spend. Ive been off the last two weeks and I have found myself buying crap I normally wouldnt just because Im so bored.

Members online

Latest posts