Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOW TO KNOW IF A "SEALED" BOX HAS BEEN PACK-SEARCHED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN A GOOD WAY TO KNOW IF A HOBBY/JUMBO BOX HAS BEEN OPENED, SEARCHED, AND RESEALED? I'VE GOT A BOX ARRIVING TOMORROW, ACCORDING TO TRACKING, BUT THE SELLER HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF "BOX SEARCHING" AND HAS SOME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY, YET LOTS OF POSITIVES AS WELL FOR BOXES. THE DISGRUNTLED CLAIM HE BOX SEARCHES AND IS A SCUM BAG AND NOT TO ACCEPT ANYTHING HE SELLS BUT TO SHIP IT BACK BEFORE OPENING. OTHERS ARE HAPPY WITH THE BOXES. SO, HOW TO KNOW IF A BOX HAS REALLY BEEN OPENED OR NOT???

WITH TOPPS LOGO ON THE SEALING, AND THE TIGHTNESS OF THE VACUUM-SEALED PACKS, IT SEEMS IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO PACK-SEARCH A JUMBO BOX, RESEAL THE PACKS, AND THEN RESEAL THE BOX. YET THIS GUY HAS GIVEN ME THE RUN-AROUND FOR 17 DAYS NOW AS TO WHY THE BOX WASN'T SENT AND HASN'T ARRIVED. AT LEAST HE SENT TRACKING TODAY AND IT'S APPARENTLY DUE TO ARRIVE TOMORROW.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bmp1971 said:
ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN A GOOD WAY TO KNOW IF A HOBBY/JUMBO BOX HAS BEEN OPENED, SEARCHED, AND RESEALED? I'VE GOT A BOX ARRIVING TOMORROW, ACCORDING TO TRACKING, BUT THE SELLER HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF "BOX SEARCHING" AND HAS SOME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY, YET LOTS OF POSITIVES AS WELL FOR BOXES. THE DISGRUNTLED CLAIM HE BOX SEARCHES AND IS A SCUM BAG AND NOT TO ACCEPT ANYTHING HE SELLS BUT TO SHIP IT BACK BEFORE OPENING. OTHERS ARE HAPPY WITH THE BOXES. SO, HOW TO KNOW IF A BOX HAS REALLY BEEN OPENED OR NOT???

WITH TOPPS LOGO ON THE SEALING, AND THE TIGHTNESS OF THE VACUUM-SEALED PACKS, IT SEEMS IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO PACK-SEARCH A JUMBO BOX, RESEAL THE PACKS, AND THEN RESEAL THE BOX. YET THIS GUY HAS GIVEN ME THE RUN-AROUND FOR 17 DAYS NOW AS TO WHY THE BOX WASN'T SENT AND HASN'T ARRIVED. AT LEAST HE SENT TRACKING TODAY AND IT'S APPARENTLY DUE TO ARRIVE TOMORROW.

Great box break let me know whats fs/ft

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
You are an entertaining post maker.

Just to humor some ideas for you...

1- If the seller has some feedback that you find suspect in character, and you still bought from him...you are an idiot.

2- If you are really worried about the item in question, return it for a refund and purchase from a more trustworthy individual.

3- Always take a couple minutes to so some research if you must. It can save you some hassle and headache later on. By hassel I mean more people on these boards thinking you are a joke and ripping into you for making stupid posts.

4- Shouldnt this post belong in the baseball conversation since there is no box break?

5- Not everything needs TO BE TYPED IN CAPITOL LETTERS

6- Your Bryce Harper Chorme Refractor is not a Gem Mint 10

As for NYC3...that was funny. You have been thanked.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Thanks for your wonderful insight. You should write a book with genius like yours.

Since you don't get it, let me explain it to you: this is posted under box-breaks because the subject is about box breaks-- can you follow that? I hope so.

Secondly, I posted here asking about box-searching and how to know if a box had been searched before opening. Of course you missed the point of the post and failed to answer the question, because I'm sure you are clueless as to how to answer the actual question.

I don't need your other keen insight on life, thanks. You can keep that in your peanut head, okay?

The question remains for those who are familiar with the subject. If you don't know anything about it, then don't post on it. I guess you're not quite as intelligent as you like to think, are you?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Edit:

Ok, seriously...Why would you buy from a seller that you have doubts about?

Why would you suspect searching without seeing the box?

and

When the box comes in are you going to open it? If you are really worried about the validity of the box, then just return it and purchase on from a better seller.

As for telling if your box has been messed with, think about the logic of it all. The cello wrapping will not look right (probably sloppy sealing or not a tight wrapping/too tight of wrapping. as for the pack, you cant really tell because if you open the box to check, the sell will not have to refund you anything.

Your commitment to this purchase is finalized once that outside cello comes off. So if the box is looking unusal, maybe you should just send it back and eat the shipping rather than the entire cost of the purchase.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I did NOT have any doubts about him when the purchase was made. He has 99.5% positive feedback with 1 negative in the last 12 months in over 200 sales. However, payment was made and the box was never shipped...well, for over 2 weeks, and the reasons why became fishier and fishier. Even for 17 days no tracking # was sent to me and the excuses kept coming. So, I contacted the dude who left the negative feedback for a jumbo box of a basketball product he got from the guy and HE SAID THE GUY GAVE HIM THE SAME EXACT EXCUSES-- his dad was in a car wreck, he had multiple surgeries, blah blah blah. Then the guy gets the box and claims it had been searched and couldn't get his money back. He told me not to buy from the guy and to send back. Others have left positive feedback for him on boxes, so I'm trying to decide what to do. It seems it would be obvious if a box had been opened, but that's why I posted-- to find out if we can know for sure. Apparently nobody, so far, knows, except to give the general/obvious feedback you just left re sloppy sealing, etc. I don't think private collectors/resellers have the equipment to vacuum-seal packs, even if they did figure out how to reseal a box. The old wax packs would be easy to crack and reseal, but these new Bowman packs? Seems it would be extremely difficult to do that. But, I could be wrong-- hence the post. Moreover, the guy is now coming off as untrustworthy, as he claimed he was unable to mail the box due to his dad's condition for TWO WEEKS, yet he's somehow managed to ship off numerous other items to buyers on ebay during the past two weeks, for auctions that have ended since I bought the box. It makes no sense and I have reason to be suspicious. I've never had a seller take 18 days to get an ebay item to me.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Ok, so the guy has overall good feedback with a select few negs...

Did you mention to you the method in which he mailed to you? I know sometimes sellers use Media mail, which is SUPER SLOW! and consider the holiday time involved also.

This seller might just be a carppy communicator and therefore he makes piss poor excuses. Personally, I would carefully examine the box when it comes in. The cost of the equipment to seal packs and boxes arent that great, but the time and effort it takes to seal each individual pack and to make sure they are done to factory standards can be enough on its own to stir people away from this scam.

I personally have never seen or known anybody that has been ripped off this way, unless they were buying "Guarenteed Packs"...in which case most have been resealed with crap "hits" inside of them/or they have been searche in retail stores and the cards are damaged from pack searching.

The only real advice on this matter to to trust your gut. If you really are unsure and dont want to find out the hard way you have been cheated...send it back...way back to the seller. Again, better to lose the shipping than the enitre purchase and still end up ripped off.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
He didn't even tell me til about an hour ago or so. He said he shipped it priority mail on Monday (15 days after payment) and just gave me the tracking # today. I tracked it and it appears to be on it's way and should be here tomorrow.

I'll send it back if it looks suspicious at all. If I open it, I'll video the whole bust so the sealing of the packs is seen, etc.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
bmp1971 said:
He didn't even tell me til about an hour ago or so. He said he shipped it priority mail on Monday (15 days after payment) and just gave me the tracking # today. I tracked it and it appears to be on it's way and should be here tomorrow.

I'll send it back if it looks suspicious at all. If I open it, I'll video the whole bust so the sealing of the packs is seen, etc.

It hasnt been in transit for two weeks...he just mailed it out...I would have been asking for my money back and a paypal claim to force his BS. At this point just to be spiteful I would send it back regardless. If there are "issues" that he has been dealing with such as a death in the family, serious sickness, or anything of the sort (all things I can be compassionate towards), it still remains the sellers responsibility to inform buyers of whats going on and to present them with an opportunity to get a refund if they cannot wait.

If I were to do a scam such as resealing boxes/packs...I would probably have them pre-searched and sealed so they are ready to ship out, as to avoid any further clues to my wrong doing. This seller just sounds too lazy to be prompt and responsible.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
MAYBE I SHOULD SEARCH, RESEAL AND SEND BACK? :shock: :lol:

JOKING.

I'LL LOOK IT OVER TOMORROW.

HIS STORY IS FULL OF BS, AS HE'S SHIPPED NUMEROUS ITEMS OFF DURING THE PAST TWO WEEKS. CERTAINLY HE COULD HAVE SHIPPED MINE AS WELL. NO EXCUSE IF HE COULD ACTUALLY GET TO THE P.O. FOR OTHERS, RIGHT? RETARDED.

TIME WILL TELL.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Wait, what about a cat swimming?

[youtube:25ztskjt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N63r-EyuRpY[/youtube:25ztskjt]

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bmp1971 said:
Secondly, I posted here asking about box-searching and how to know if a box had been searched before opening. Of course you missed the point of the post and failed to answer the question, because I'm sure you are clueless as to how to answer the actual question.

You got me, I am clueless on box reseals. But thats because I do research before sending my money out. Keep screaming about something that has nothing to do with a box break as everyone breaks boxes around you. Its totally normal, and dont worry if your the only one. Thats because you are right and everyone else is wrong.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
bmp1971 said:
that's hilarious frzg-- what have I done wrong now? have I offended thee in some way?
I think he likes Fop, whereas you are a Dapper Dan man.

dapperdan.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts