Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is sportslots done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I went there to get some commons today and i click on set (1980) and basbeall and they said they had no cards. Then i did all the years even 2010 and it keeps saying no cards. ANyone else see this?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
The same thing happened to me the other day - it wasn't working for me in google chrome, but it worked fine with Firefox. Clear your cache in chrome and it should be ok - probably had something to do with trying to filter through only one seller's inventory? Sportlots is a great site but they are in borderline beckett territory when it comes to needing a site upgrade.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I dont have firefox ut i just cleaned out my system (cookies and so forth), Maybe i need to re-boot..
hanks for the replys.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I got it now. I was going by my faves link. I just typed in sportlots and it works fine. i guess my old faves link was bad.
Thanks for the input guys!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
mudflap02 said:
Sportlots is a great site but they are in borderline beckett territory when it comes to needing a site upgrade.

you don't like the new redesign of the website?

Since they added back the "search by set" area, I like the new redesign - I can search by a set or just type in the search box the particular card I'm looking for and it's quick to pop up.

I don't like that 2010 Bowman Draft doesn't seem to be added to the site yet when you think it should be up and sellers starting to populate it with inventory for sale.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
bongo870 said:
I got it now. I was going by my faves link. I just typed in sportlots and it works fine. i guess my old faves link was bad.

FYI: if you have a few links to specific parts of the site (such as favorite sellers or favorite sets), you may want to double-check them as you check for updated inventory added to the site because the URLs may have changed with the site redesign.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I personally think they pulled a BMB. The site used to work just fine. It didn't need an upgrade. And now its still workable but more of a pain in the ass.

72skywalker

Aug 4, 2010
The new format is a lot slower. it takes me forever to search for cards now. I wish they would go back to their old style.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
for anyone who wants to search by seller, I found this link should work:

"http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer="

no quotes as shown above and after the "dealer=", put the userid of your favorite dealer there. Please note that the "@" symbol, if it exists in your seller's username, seems to have been replaced by an "x" (i.e. my user id - "rsmath@y" is now "rsmathxy").

EDIT: as to speed, not sure about it. Probably because I visit in the overnight hours when I have my freetime rather than most of you who probably do it in the heart of the evening.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
He made some changes to enhance searchability and added infomation on autos, GU and Ser #'d cards. It created more delays than were expected. He continues to finetune and make it better - he may do a server upgrade also.

Bowman Draft was added last night - thwere are about 4,00 cards entered as of 5:00 today.

I had problems with search by set earlier today, but they were resolved thius afternoon.

You can still search by seller. The link posted earlier was correct.

I Can't imagine it will take them two years to realize their problems and fix them, like BMB.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Sportslots new site navigation is different and a bit slower than before, but it still beats the mice and a wheel contraption that Sportsbuy/Naxcom is running.

I'm shocked that Sportsbuy is still around. If there is one constant with whatever incarnation it's that it has always been incredibly slow. Couple that with it always having the most expensive prices and dealers with the weakest follow-through, it's truly amazing.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Sportslots new site navigation is different and a bit slower than before, but it still beats the mice and a wheel contraption that Sportsbuy/Naxcom is running.

I'm shocked that Sportsbuy is still around. If there is one constant with whatever incarnation it's that it has always been incredibly slow. Couple that with it always having the most expensive prices and dealers with the weakest follow-through, it's truly amazing.

This is one thing that makes what COMC has done incredible when you consider how massively others have failed.

wallyscards

Sep 13, 2009
South Dakota
I have had great luck with Sportsbuy over the years with both buying and selling. I guess I have just found a few great dealers to buy from and stick with them.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

This is one thing that makes what COMC has done incredible when you consider how massively others have failed.

+1 comc is far superior in search than anything else out there other than ebay. That said, comc's inventory amounts to one or 2 of the largest dealers on sportlots. If looking for many unique cards, they just do not cut it. They do however have 1 shipping address which helps to save on shipping (but I still pay $7 for less than 20 cards).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
wallyscards.com said:
I have had great luck with Sportsbuy over the years with both buying and selling. I guess I have just found a few great dealers to buy from and stick with them.

Sportsbuy(naxcom) was good when i first started. I was turned to the site by a friend and I used the hell out of it. I had heard all these ebay horror stories on the old BMB and I absolutely refused to use ebay. But I suppose that was back when sellers had just as much leverage as buyers which led to some really bad stuff going on. I'm not saying the current method is better but as a buyer, it is.

In any case...I got tired of sportsbuy because they would have deadbeat sellers there who would never send an item and you wouldn't know it until you purchased from them. For some reason...feedback was just non-existant on that site. I had to basically call to get my money back on stuff as well. I even asked the guy who answered my call if they ever planned on kicking some of these guys off the site. Apparently they didn't.

And then you always had a seller who you'd buy two hundred bucks worth of stuff from and there would be like 5 cards missing out of well over 100 you ordered. The site's administrators didn't feel it was a big deal but I did because the cards would be $5 or $10 cards. This was back when I was trying to finish off my Turkey Red sets. I hated it. It took me 3 tries to finally finish off my 2006 A&G mini set because sellers were sending the wrong damn card. It was stupid.

Needless to say sportsbuy and sportlots are probably the best places to buy singles to finish off sets. But it does kinda suck too. I guarantee you if you need over 50 cards to finish off a set, you'll be spending a minimum of $30. I can go on ebay at any given time and buy a complete set of most of the things I put together for that price dlvd! About the only reason I even bother putting them together is because most of the time, the cards are dropped in my lap or I busted a nice chunk of the product because I liked it. Then I have about half a base set put together so now I have to decide what to do with all the cards. I got tired of getting rid of them. I figured I'd put them to better use. But for me, there isn't much fun in putting one together. I don't care how I get a set. I'd just as soon buy the damn thing whole and complete.

Members online

Latest posts