Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it just me or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Are Manny Machado Auto refs grossly overpriced? I was looking to buy one but was shocked that they were going for over $100+! There are 500 of these cards!

Is this just the market of "prospecting" now where the "big" guys get uber $$$'s no matter what?

Juanfatj

Aug 12, 2008
VA
numba1yankeefan said:
only like 3 have sold for over $100 to some dumb buyers. sold mine today for $85 and they are averaging around $80-85

Even at $80 I think its a huge overpay.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I understand how "good" he is but at the same time I just don't see it staying at over $100 and those buying at those prices are either guys that have deep pockets (and money is not an issue) or are newbie prospectors who don't know any better.

With that money, I'd rather buy some other prospects who have proven themselves in the high minors like Teheran, Freeman etc.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Juanfatj said:
numba1yankeefan said:
only like 3 have sold for over $100 to some dumb buyers. sold mine today for $85 and they are averaging around $80-85

Based on current prices, it's hard to believe people making $$ off Machado-which makes me wonder how much of the market is folks prospecting him.

I sold a BDP blue auto for $220 off eBay, which is a great sale. I believe Trout and Montero blue's are about that price-which shocks me.

I sold a base auto for $55 off eBay, which is around Trout prices, again just crazy.

His prices are just nuts right now, really.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
hail2thevictors said:
Juanfatj said:
numba1yankeefan said:

Based on current prices, it's hard to believe people making $$ off Machado-which makes me wonder how much of the market is folks prospecting him.

I sold a BDP blue auto for $220 off eBay, which is a great sale. I believe Trout and Montero blue's are about that price-which shocks me.

I sold a base auto for $55 off eBay, which is around Trout prices, again just crazy.

His prices are just nuts right now, really.

Great sales. Off ebay pricing, those are above Trout levels. Off ebay I would expect to pay $40 per chrome auto and around $200 or a little more for a blue. Incredible. Crazy good sales man.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
If I was able to, I'd even considering "selling short" Machado. His prices are just insane and make little sense.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Wouldn't this be considered "the hype" kind of sale then?? If 100+ is "too much" then its because people continue to out bid each other which drives that ending price. Its funny...I remember the boards for the longest time were pissed BECAUSE there were no chrome RC autos not able to be sold for 100+ unless it was a blue refractor or higher :lol:

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I haven't bought any, but if I had a couple hundred bucks to spare I could see some money to be made buying a few Machados and having them slabbed. Even doing that is pretty risky due to his high buy in. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch his stuff.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
On the flip side, Josh Sale base, ref and blue seem to be going down a bit...

Members online

Latest posts