Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 LEAF BEST OF BASEBALL (POLL: WHICH PRODUCT???)

which would you buy?

• $100 wholesale cost (1 slabbed card ..see below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
OK... after much consideration, here are my thoughts..... Please vote for one of the options:

1> $100 per pack factory cost... (you would expect to see these in market at $120-150)
You would receive one slabbed card per pack: Rookie Card graded, Vintage card graded, HIGH END HOF/MAJOR STAR Game used, HOF/MAJOR STAR certified autographs, or previously released CUT SIGNATURE card. You would also receive a LEAF base card (TBD)....

The top hits would be an average of $1500 per (Highest would be $5000-ish).
1/3 of cards would be profit of very near break even at factory cost. (AVG SV $135).. (every case would have at least one pack that was profitable no matter what)
1/3 of cards would be moderate loss (avg value SV $60)
1/3 of cards would be weaker cards (avg SV $30)

2> $150 per pack factory cost... (you would expect $175-190 in market)...
You would receive TWO slabbed cards per pack. One would be: Rookie Card graded, Vintage card graded, HIGH END HOF/MAJOR STAR Game used, HOF/MAJOR STAR certified autographs, or previously released CUT SIGNATURE card. The SECOND would be: a LEAF BASEBALL CUT SIGNATURE CARD SLABBED featuring a HOF or ALL-STAR from 1900-Present.

FOR SLABBED HITS:
The top hits would be an average of $2000 per (Highest would be $5000-ish).
1/3 of cards would be profit of very near break even at factory cost. (AVG $190 PER CARD).. (every case would have at least one pack that was profitable no matter what)
1/3 of cards would be moderate loss (avg value SV $80)
1/3 of cards would be weaker cards (avg SV $40)

PLUS, YOU WOULD GET A CUT SIGNATURE CARD SLABBED OF AN ALL-STAR OR HALL OF FAMER.

Vote and feel free to constructively comment below... BG

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Assuming the same number of box/packs per case, and one "big hit" promised per case, I'd still rather see the lower cost and pick up more boxes from the same case with a better chance of the big hit.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
notoriousrmb said:
Assuming the same number of box/packs per case, and one "big hit" promised per case, I'd still rather see the lower cost and pick up more boxes from the same case with a better chance of the big hit.

what is considered a "big hit" per case?
BG

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
A Big Hit Doesn't have to be a Game winning Homerun! But a Bases clearing go ahead Double would be nice. ;)

If you have 2/3 of the Cards Below or well below the cost of a box and the other 1/3 near or at the cost of a box then added value to your customers in the form of a case hit of either Vintage.

If you added a hit of say a Graded refractor or higher of XXXXX prospect that would be worth double the cost of a box then customers wouldn't feel slighted and Possibly do the same for Vintage.

Just a thought

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
The thing is that you realistically break even or make money on 2 out of 6 packs. You are obviously hoping to hit some of the larger hits that pay 10x or more the price of the box.
BG

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Will these be hand collated by you like Razor Rookie Retro? So once the big hit is found in each case you know the rest of the packs will lose money?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Will these be hand collated by you like Razor Rookie Retro? So once the big hit is found in each case you know the rest of the packs will lose money?

I am not married to hand collating this... I think we will use a much wider assortment of cards so there isnt so much quantity of any one card in a grade...
The tough part is that randomly collating without balancing content will lead to some miserable cases... Do people really want that much more gamble?.. BG

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
P_Manning 18 said:

I am not married to hand collating this... I think we will use a much wider assortment of cards so there isnt so much quantity of any one card in a grade...
The tough part is that randomly collating without balancing content will lead to some miserable cases... Do people really want that much more gamble?.. BG

Once the $200-500 card was hit in RRR.... people knew the rest of the case was $40-80 cards. I remember a few people said they wouldnt even bust RRR because of that. So I think if people knew going in that these are not hand collated... it would mean more people would likely bust it. If you hit a $300 card and know you could hit another card that might be even better makes you look forward to busting the rest of the packs...but if you know you are losing money.... that takes the fun out of it.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
The more the merrier, I opted for the higher priced product with more hits.

For those who aren't going to spend $120 a pack anyways, they aren't going to spend $170.

For those who are willing to pay $120 a pack, they will pay $170 a pack as well.

So keep the high rollers happy and give them two shots at a big hit in one pack, the higher price point is not going to deter your targeted audience.

Latest posts