Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

an eBay, what would you do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Sold a card via best offer on Sunday, the card has since gone up in value, the guy sent me a message saying he would pay on Wednesday, today is Friday and I get a frantic message with horrible grammar, spelling, and excessive exclamation points saying he will pay for the card. Would you guys' go ahead with the NPB, or give the guy more time to pay? In this case I actually wouldn't mind keeping the card.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
If you already filled out the NPB I would let the system do the work.

If you haven't yet, I would give the guy more time to a point. I normally give 10 days before starting the process as it seems to help on the DSRs.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
stevezimmer22 said:
Sold a card via best offer on Sunday, the card has since gone up in value, the guy sent me a message saying he would pay on Wednesday, today is Friday and I get a frantic message with horrible grammar, spelling, and excessive exclamation points saying he will pay for the card. Would you guys' go ahead with the NPB, or give the guy more time to pay? In this case I actually wouldn't mind keeping the card.

He'll get [7] days to pay after you file. So if you haven't started the process, it might not get the resolution you want. Obviously you don't want him to pay, but you're kinda in a bad spot. There isn't really much you can do besides file the NPB, but that won't cancel the transaction, just give him more time to pay. Obviously he might know the card is worth more now as well. Maybe he's trying to find a buyer to flip so he never actually pays for it himself. That sounds so wrong, but it seems to be the eBay norm now-a-days. Good luck, you could ask him to cancel the transaction citing non-payment within terms stated. Worth a shot.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Joshua.Roundtree said:
stevezimmer22 said:

He'll get [7] days to pay after you file. So if you haven't started the process, it might not get the resolution you want. Obviously you don't want him to pay, but you're kinda in a bad spot. There isn't really much you can do besides file the NPB, but that won't cancel the transaction, just give him more time to pay. Obviously he might know the card is worth more now as well. Maybe he's trying to find a buyer to flip so he never actually pays for it himself. That sounds so wrong, but it seems to be the eBay norm now-a-days. Good luck, you could ask him to cancel the transaction citing non-payment within terms stated. Worth a shot.

No, it's only 4 days.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
cmnkb8 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
stevezimmer22 said:

No, it's only 4 days.

I must have mine manually set to [7] days then. Either way, filing the NPB is probably the best bet because it either forces the buyer to pay or they'll renig and you'll get your fees back and keep the card.

Members online

Latest posts