Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Faulk or Bettis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I think they'll both get in, but if only one could make it, I would say Faulk. Bettis was never considered the best back in the NFL at any point in his career, where Faulk was for a few years, IMO. Faulk was also a better receiver and really made the "Best Show on Turf" tick.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Faulk, no question.

They are different style backs, but Faulk's rushing and receiving abilities were amazing.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I think Bettis is overrated, but he'll get in first ballot. I think Faulk will have to wait until next year. It's not that I think Bettis is the better back, but because he seems to get more love from people than Faulk post-career.

It could just be my anti-Steelers mentality that gives me a disliking to him, or the fact I think any fat guy could get 3.9 ypc behind a decent line. Of the top 20 all time leading rushers, nobody has a lower ypc rate (John Riggins has the same). He also didn't add the extra element of receiving out of the backfield. He was very one dimensional imo. Flame away... :lol:

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Faulk completely changed the RB position. Faulk was the first RB to put up the receiving yards and rushing yards.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
tramers said:
Bettis, just because he's more vocal . IMO Faulk never had the team effort as Bettis

Except for when Faulk helped the Rams win that one Super Bowl and helped them reach that other one

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
Faulk completely changed the RB position. Faulk was the first RB to put up the receiving yards and rushing yards.

Lenny Moore & Roger Craig did it as well.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
The last play of Bettis' career should have been that goal line fumble vs. the Colts! Lucky for the Steelers that the guy who recovered and was running with it had been stabbed in the leg the night before by his crazy-ass girlfriend...

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
dfr52 said:
goldenegg1 said:

Faulk was the first to put them up consistently. Moore had several decent years but nothing like Faulk. Craig had 1 great year Rushing/Receiving and 2 OK years receiving.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
coltsnsox07 said:
The last play of Bettis' career should have been that goal line fumble vs. the Colts! Lucky for the Steelers that the guy who recovered and was running with it had been stabbed in the leg the night before by his crazy-ass girlfriend...
Why you gotta say **** like this? It brings up too many bad memories. :cry:

And Faulk over Bettis FTW!

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
coltsnsox07 said:
Don't blame it on him getting stabbed and then tackled by Ben, blame it on the drunken kicker!!! :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
They'll both get in probably, but Faulk was by far the more superior player.

Faulk is in the Top 10 of all-time RBs, maybe the Top 5 IMO.

While a nice player, and a HOFer eventually, Bettis isn't nearly in Faulk's class.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
dfr52 said:
goldenegg1 said:

Faulk was the first to put them up consistently. Moore had several decent years but nothing like Faulk. Craig had 1 great year Rushing/Receiving and 2 OK years receiving.

I have to disagree, Craig had a span from 84-88 where he has at least 66 receptions. Faulk helped to advance the position but he didn't change it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
James Brooks was great out of the backfield too.

But Faulk was one of, if not, the first, to be set up wide or in the slot as a receiver and not just a catcher coming out of the backfield. And IMPOSSIBLE to tackle in the open field.

As I said, Top 5 RB IMO.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Im torn.

I know both will get in eventually... but if I had to choose 1 to go in first ballot... I think Id have to go woth Faulk.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i did forget Faulk - Rams . In my area no fans of central USA or west coast . Too many northerners moved to south :lol: :lol: :lol:

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
If I had to pick just one this year I think I'd go with Faulk.
Both were great and had the numbers to justify the selection.... but I'd give Faulk the edge because for a few years there he was probably the best and most dominant player in the league. Those first few years in St. Louis put Faulk over the top for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts