Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Instead of buying a 2011 Topps Jumbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
I just bought the entire master set for 10 bucks less. Then spent 6 bucks on 2 GU'd from the set I wanted. No brainer in my opinion.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Do I have the wrong definition of master set? I can think of different ways to define it, but none that equal 10 bucks for a product that just came out.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Mighty Bombjack said:
Do I have the wrong definition of master set? I can think of different ways to define it, but none that equal 10 bucks for a product that just came out.
$10 bucks less than the cost of a jumbo box

reading comprehension is your friend

his sig is fine now. it's been that RYAN sig the whole time he's been on the board

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
$10 bucks less than the cost of a jumbo box

reading comprehension is your friend

his sig is fine now. it's been that RYAN sig the whole time he's been on the board

Ah, I missed the word "less." It also goes against me that I have no idea what a jumbo box costs.

So anyway, how would one define master set for a set of this magnitude? All the base cards and "regular" inserts? No parallels, GU, or autos, I'd assume? Are those the only exclusions?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
According to the eBay listings a master set is 619 cards, which includes the base set and all insert sets

50- Kimball Champions Inserts

50- Topps 60 Inserts

50- Toppstown Inserts

59- 60 years of Topps Inserts

30- Diamond Duos Inserts

30- Reproduction Cards Inserts

10- History of Topps Inserts

10- The Lost Cards Inserts

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
Base and all insert sets. No parallels. No hits. I collect the set plus inserts of Topps Ser 1&2 every year and this is the first year I have just bought them and instead of trading for most of the inserts. Took the fun out of busting wax but was better on money and time.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
If you had waited a bit longer the sets would of been cheaper and the cost of a jumbo box would of probably gone
up to make it look even more like a deal. If you collect the sets every year great, but why buy now when the
prices are high? Topps printed up like one billion retail boxes, wait until all that is opened and see how low prices
are.

Kevin

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
rimcdonald said:
Base and all insert sets. No parallels. No hits. I collect the set plus inserts of Topps Ser 1&2 every year and this is the first year I have just bought them and instead of trading for most of the inserts. Took the fun out of busting wax but was better on money and time.

odds are you made the right choice

but you might have pulled a canary!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
js0000001 said:
rimcdonald said:

odds are you made the right choice

but you might have pulled a canary!
oddly enough, only 2 have been listed on eBay so far and one sold for a $75 BIN

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
If you had waited a bit longer the sets would of been cheaper and the cost of a jumbo box would of probably gone up to make it look even more like a deal. If you collect the sets every year great, but why buy now when the
prices are high? Topps printed up like one billion retail boxes, wait until all that is opened and see how low prices
are.

Kevin

Imagine what the hobby would be like if everyone had patience...the same could be said about buyers of new DVDs/BluRays LOL.

Latest posts