Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Printing shipping labels question...weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
So, I just sold a bunch of auctions on ebay and I was wondering what the best estimate would be for the weight of the package. I'm using the 4 in by 7 in bubble mailers and how should I adjust wieght for multiple cards. I haven't done this before so any help from experienced sellers would be great. Thanks.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
One card with DC and some packing or cardboard...2-3oz.

Every couple cards add an ounce, but always overestimate shipping unless you have a scale.

When possible, grab a cheap scale from Staples.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the help guys. Also, what's the best place/site to get bubble mailers, card sleeves, toploaders? I've never sold in such quantity before and now it's starting to become apparent that my shipping/handling fees on ebay may not quite cover the expensive of shipping/materials and for low-end auctions it would be quite significant.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Also, could someone with a scale provide me with some sort of weight template while I wait for a scale to arrive? The cards I'm selling are just normal topps cards (nothing thicker/heavier). If I could possibly get a weight/card and the weight of a 4x7 bubble mailer (or close) and the weight/toploader, that would be FANTASTIC. I know it would take a little effort but I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I charge $2.49 for shipping...

Bubble mailers - $0.10
Top Sleeve - $0.01
Top Loader - $0.02
Team Bag - $0.05
Receipt..

Print out mailing label with DC (2 oz) $1.58

Hope that helps..

I bought some mailing labels off of EBAY (2 to an 8x11 page)..

You can get them somewhat cheap.. don't buy them from a local office supply as they are expensinve that way..

Good luck,

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
This should help:

bubble mailer weight for #000: 0.4 oz
basic card & top loader: 0.4 oz
75 pt card & top loader: 0.6 oz
100 pt card & top loader: 0.6 oz
very thick card & top loader (like a usa auto patch): 1.0 oz
simple bgs slab, no auto: 2.5 oz
simple bgs slab w/ auto: 2.9 oz

I memorize these numbers and when I don't know, I guess. I got them all from a scale at the post office.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
I just print the label on paper and tape it to bubble mailer. You can mail 3 cards with top loaders and team bag for 2 oz.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I do have one more quesiton...is there any way I can get bubble mailers cheaper than 20cents each other than online? I live in Seattle and I assume there has to be some sort of place that sells quantity for good prices. Right now the best I've found is at office max, which is 20/$10 and paying 50cents/mailer for .99cent auctions really sucks, lol.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
Matsuicollector said:
I do have one more quesiton...is there any way I can get bubble mailers cheaper than 20cents each other than online? I live in Seattle and I assume there has to be some sort of place that sells quantity for good prices. Right now the best I've found is at office max, which is 20/$10 and paying 50cents/mailer for .99cent auctions really sucks, lol.

Probably not other than online, some local hobby shops will sell you them for .15/each if they buy in bulk online, my old LCS use to but I buy mine in bulk on ebay #000 and I pay about .10/each for them.

(One standard card +penny sleeve+top loader+team bag+000 bubble mailer) is less than 1 ounce, through Paypal with delivery confirmation it costs me $1.41 to ship.

Members online

Latest posts