Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Question regarding PWE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I received a card in a Plain white Envelope today. the card was undamaged but what should i leave as feedback. I paid a little more then the going rate for the card because it had free shipping which i calculated into the final price of the auction. i e-mailed the seller asking him why he sent the card in a PWE.

My question is should i leave him a positive or a neutral feedback.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well, if the card arrived in the condition that you purchased and was not damaged, I don't see a reason to leave a neutral. You paid for the card, not the envelope. If he had raked you over the coals on s/h fees and sent that way, I might say differently.

mb0049

Jul 31, 2010
free shipping is free shipping, positive all the way on this, really shouldnt even be a question....

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
personally, if I was the seller of a card that was listed with free shipping and I received a question asking why I shipped it in a PWE, I would immediately add the buyer to my BBL. OP, in your case the card arrived safely - this shouldn't even be an issue. Give the guy a positive - he's earned it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
positive, and mention the PWE in your feedback comment because I search for those when checking a feedback of someone I might buy a card from.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
t3dudek said:
I received a card in a Plain white Envelope today. the card was undamaged but what should i leave as feedback. I paid a little more then the going rate for the card because it had free shipping which i calculated into the final price of the auction. i e-mailed the seller asking him why he sent the card in a PWE.

My question is should i leave him a positive or a neutral feedback.
Just ignore the feedback and don't post any. Don't buy from the seller again.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its not what could have happened it is what did happen you got your card in its desired shape with free shipping. Theres no gripe here. Positive feedback and maybe a mention of pwe at the worst

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
I really think sellers should specify their shipping methods in their auction description, I'm assuming he didn't... However, this guy deserves a positive or no feedback. A negative or neutral is just plain wrong since you got the card, delivered for free, in the shape you wanted. The seller takes all the risk shipping PWE, as the card isn't tracked or handled as nicely in transit.

I've been talking with a few buyers that would prefer I offer PWE shipping, since for less pricey cards $3 shipping is impracticle.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
This drives me absolutely nuts. Sellers are getting dinged for events that didn't even happen! First off, you got free shipping.

If someone ships in a PWE, his feedback should reflect that. 95% of people should say, "Great Transaction, Card Arrived Quickly and Safely" and 5% of people should say "Card was slightly bent by shipment in a PWE." I don't understand why people in the 95% group want to be a freakin hero. If your card arrived fine, say that. There's no reason why a seller should get dinged for instances where his shipping methods worked perfectly.

If the seller continues to ship with a PWE, he'll eventually get dinged. Someone else will leave feedback and he'll suffer.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well, if this is the auction you're talking about, I would say it is misleading in his description as to how he plans on packing up the card with the photos he included. Granted, he didn't say it would be mailed in a bubble mailer and "packed expertly", but still misleading. I wouldn't be surprised though that he shipped in a PWE due to the card being less than $5. I'd still leave positive with a note about the PWE in the comment since you got the card undamaged.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5&si=ct3vKuvPl29DJqOlMzEk4HV113g%3D&viewitem=

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Yes i know free shipping is free shipping...

But when you add in shippin to the final value of the card so you pay more for the card then the previous ones have ended for because of the free shipping you expect a bubble mailer. The card wasnt a expensive one under 20 dollars. But say the card usually ends under 13 dollars with 3 dollars shipping an you bid 16 dollars because u factored in the 3 dollar shipping into the price of the product. You expect that your item will arrive in a bubble mailer an safe. Was the card ruined no. But i would like other ppl to know that bid on things from this guy to know that he ships in a PWE. Wouldnt you guys be mad if you bought a card an it was ruined bc he shipped in a PWE.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
t3dudek said:

But when you add in shippin to the final value of the card so you pay more for the card then the previous ones have ended for because of the free shipping you expect a bubble mailer. The card wasnt a expensive one under 20 dollars. But say the card usually ends under 13 dollars with 3 dollars shipping an you bid 16 dollars because u factored in the 3 dollar shipping into the price of the product. You expect that your item will arrive in a bubble mailer an safe. Was the card ruined no. But i would like other ppl to know that bid on things from this guy to know that he ships in a PWE. Wouldnt you guys be mad if you bought a card an it was ruined bc he shipped in a PWE.

Is it the card I just linked to above that you won for $4.26? I wouldn't sweat it this much for a card under that amount and I doubt he ships higher valued cards in a PWE. His feedback would be littered with negatives if that was the case.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
t3dudek said:

Using that logic, you've never left lower than a 5 on shipping fees - whether it's 2.50 or 8.50 - because you've factored it into the price of a bid.

I would be mad if I bought a card and it was ruined by a PWE, yes! I would then leave proper feedback and get my money back. But, imagine a situation where this guy ships all $10 cards in a PWE and not a single one gets ruined. Explain to me why the hell that's worthy of negative feedback?

You are supposed to rate your transaction! You are not supposed to alert people to the potential dangers looming everywhere unless you are Chris Hansen.

If you want to leave a 5,5,4,5 rating with positive feedback that says, "Free Shipping meant PWE. Card arrived fine. Very happy"

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
t3dudek said:

But when you add in shippin to the final value of the card so you pay more for the card then the previous ones have ended for because of the free shipping you expect a bubble mailer.

So if I read this right... you bid assuming you knew the shipping method. Then you want to blame the seller when you guessed wrong?

Why not just email him before the auction to ask if he sends in PWE or Bubble Mailer? Instead of trying to stick it to him after the fact.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
reljac said:
t3dudek said:

But when you add in shippin to the final value of the card so you pay more for the card then the previous ones have ended for because of the free shipping you expect a bubble mailer.

So if I read this right... you bid assuming you knew the shipping method. Then you want to blame the seller when you guessed wrong?

Why not just email him before the auction to ask if he sends in PWE or Bubble Mailer?

Because that would be the equivalent of having to take responsibility with how one spends their money.

I don't even understand the point of this thread. According to the ebay ID he has listed here, he's only bid on one auction with free s/h in the last month and won the card for $4.26. ::facepalm::

My guess is the OP knows it's lame to leave negative when he got the item he bid on and won with no damage but was hoping someone here would say to drop a negative to help justify it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts