Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any ideas on ways to separate/labels cards in a box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to separate and label sleeved cards in a storage box that you would be putting out for sale? I would need something that sticks out higher than the cards and can be labeled to show which player is in each section of a 2 or 3 Row shoebox and would be rigid enough to hold up to alot of use.

In the past, Ultra-Pro sleeves used to come with glossy, perfectly-sized plastic pieces that were perfect for this. They had them so they could stack the little packages better.

Currently, I'm just using cut-down index cards with hand-written Labels. It doesn't look too sharp and the actual cards bend easily, making them harder to read and keep flat, not bent.

Any ideas would be appreciated and Thanks!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
what about white decoy cards? they should be durable enough for handling as people flip through boxes.

You will have to tape a partial piece of decoy card below a full one as a spacer so it sticks up over the cardtops to be seen.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Here's how I roll...

I buy a big sheet of what's called corrugated plastic from an arts and crafts store (Hobby Lobby). I then cut it into 2.5"x 4" rectangles. I get like 80-100 a sheet. Then I use a Brothers label maker, cheap at office stores like Staples, for the names.

organize2.jpg

From this top down view, you can see what corrugated plastic looks like (like cardboard box material, but plastic - waterproof and virtually indistructable)

organize1.jpg

Decoy cards are too short. Toploaders don't fit the big 5,000 count boxes I use very well. I prefer this method. Although those dividers in the link above look pretty good too.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I put a piece of card stock in a top loader. Cut stock to fit in top loader, let hang out about 3/8 of an inch. write whatever you need to write on 3/8 part and fold over. Very easy to read. I made mine on Word. I made 4 boxes per page, that would fit in a top loader, typed the heading. printed to cut out & test. When ok made all my headings and printed on plain computer paper. Took to Staples and had copy onto bright yellow card stock. Cut out boxes, and insert into top loader. Works great for me.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
ronzo said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-BCW-Trading-Card-Dividers-Monster-Super-Shoe-Box-/300513587758?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item45f801722e

Thanks! I didn't know a manufacturer made those. That's probably what I'll do.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
ronzo said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-BCW-Trading-Card-Dividers-Monster-Super-Shoe-Box-/300513587758?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item45f801722e

Thanks! I didn't know a manufacturer made those. That's probably what I'll do.

I use those and I put them in a toplaoder and tape them at the height I want. They are the perfect height for identification if just using penny sleeves. If using toploaders they are a little short. I also use a label maker and it works great for me

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I tried them, and found them to constantly get pushed to the bottom of the top loader even with some tape. I have 2 packs if you want them pm me.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
henderson939 said:
I tried them, and found them to constantly get pushed to the bottom of the top loader even with some tape. I have 2 packs if you want them pm me.

I had that problem as well and have two solutions.

1) use a heavier packing tape. This is the easiest

2) use two or three in a thin top loader, or cut a white decoy to put in the bottom

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I can make them and put any players name on it. Just let me know what size you would like and I can get you a price in a day.

Have about 20 different color plastics I can use.

I will get a scan up later of the ones I have done for myself

Latest posts