Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for some help on the Brett Gardner Super I own.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
I would love to be able to keep it for a long time but I am a college student and dont have any income right now. I bought it for what I thought was a great price for the only real rookie of a solid outfielder for the yankees. I was wondering what you guys think this card (in my sig) can reach if Brett Gardner gets off to a great start like last year. (.300 hitter with a bunch of steals).

Any opinions would be great as I am really curious what people think. I'm not sure if I'm overrating the card or not.

And obviously this would mean holding the card until the season starts.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
numba1yankeefan said:
ThoseBackPages said:
sportscardtheory said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Should be able to get $100 for it i would think.

I would think it's worth much more than that.

very well could be, but hard to say really.

Golds hit a high of around $70-75 last year and there are 50 of those. I know its way more than $100

Just keep in mind that Golds are more collectable then Supers. i know that SOUNDS weird, but its true

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yours went for $250 one bid, no reserve (not a BIN/BO) and it previously failed to sell a few times with higher starting bids. I'd guess yours could sell between $200-$250 right now with a ceiling of double that if he goes crazy, considering he's not likely to be HOF...but then again who knows with 1/1s.

This one went for two bills over the summer, one bid and no reserve (not a BIN/BO):
2005%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Draft%20Picks%20Red%20Refractor%20BDP65%20Brett%20Gardner%20FY.jpg

BTW I consider this his real minor league rookie :)

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
uniquebaseballcards said:
Yours went for $250 one bid, no reserve (not a BIN/BO) and it previously failed to sell a few times with higher starting bids. I'd guess yours could sell between $200-$250 right now with a ceiling of double that if he goes crazy, considering he's not likely to be HOF...but then again who knows with 1/1s.

This one went for two bills over the summer, one bid and no reserve (not a BIN/BO):
2005%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Draft%20Picks%20Red%20Refractor%20BDP65%20Brett%20Gardner%20FY.jpg

I won the $250 auction but it also came with 2 gold ref's that as I said earlier, reached $70ish last year at one time. So id probably value the golds at $50 each and paid about $150 for the super. Guess this card isnt as popular as I thought it could be. Still have some hope I can make a nice profit on it if he starts solid.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Considering his 2009 Upper Deck autographs #/699 and #/650 sell for $20 currently, Id guess a little more than $100. :lol:

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
uniquebaseballcards said:

Opinions, opinions. Btw i consider mlb "Rcs" not rcs at all.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Don't underestimate Yankees fans. He's been a Yankee for a bit now. A little following can go along way with Yankees collectors. I remember eating crow last year after Gardner spiked.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
AKA Coastal said:
Don't underestimate Yankees fans. He's been a Yankee for a bit now. A little following can go along way with Yankees collectors. I remember eating crow last year after Gardner spiked.
Yeah i don't see it only getting 100 but 200 - 400 (400 might be high) if he is hot at the start of the season.

Members online

Latest posts