Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay user cardfan_79 please read if you have him blocked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
It seems someone on here has been running them down like no other. Well I am here to defend myself and give the story out. I am cardfan_79 and never have any problems on ebay. A seller on here and ebay sold me a card that had a spotty auto. I had no idea the card had it because I didn't see it listed in the description. I had no idea that there were problems with the Shelby Miller's Auto being spotting, so yes I should have looked at the scan closer but I had no idea at the time that there would be an issue. It was as bad as buying a smudged auto. Bottom line is that if it was listed in the actual listing I would have paid more attention to it and I did not leave him negative feedback nor was I a jerk about it. It was an honest overlook that I didn't know at the time I should have been looking for. I have done business on there many times and feel that blocking me is unfair because I did nothing wrong and am an honest to good seller/buyer on there. Place your self in my shoes. You buy a card that you don't know has a history of having a spotty auto. I thought about buying another one. I looked at its listing and it did state a spotty auto so I started looking at others and almost all had that wrong with the card. I looked at the one I bought and then I noticed it. Would have been nice to know about it first hand and not been blindsided by it as I assume most sellers are honest and will tell about defects that should be listed. So I shouldn't be getting blocked when it wasn't my fault. If anyone wants to talk to me about it please do so.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Good for you to come out and try to defend yourself. That being said, what did you demand of the seller? You stated that you ignored the scan which would have shown the issue. When is it your fault and you just accept it and move on? If this "spotting" is an issue across the board on Miller, then if you want Miller you pretty much have to accept it as the norm. I'm not saying you deserve to be blocked, but I think it'd be fair for us to hear what your expectations were of the seller after you admitted that you didn't truly look over the auction for what you were buying. I've never heard of a buyer that ignores the picture and only reads the description...that to me sounds like a cop out.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
nyc3 said:
Eef97 said:
I agree I should have looked at it closer, but don't you think it would have been nice to have it listed in the description?

The picture is bigger than the description in most cases. If you can see words you can see pictures. You got a refund let it go.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
I honestly did look at the scan but I didn't notice it because I didn't enlarge it like I should have. I sent card back got a refund and no negative feedback has been left. Well I am upset now because he is on here getting people to block me when it really isn't necessary as I have never had any issues. It was only a $30 card so it wasn't even that big of a deal I just didn't want a bad auto on the card when I felt as many would it should have been in the description when he clearly stated all defects would be listed. It was not. So it is both our faults, mine not looking it over and his for not listing it yet I am the one members on here are blocking. Bottom line is I never had an issue before and if someone wants to block me shouldn't they block him as well too? It was an honest mistake on both people that has been corrected but I don't agree with him posting comments on here to get me blocked when he needs it as well if I get blocked as he is at fault also.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Eef97 said:
I honestly did look at the scan but I didn't notice it because I didn't enlarge it like I should have. I sent card back got a refund and no negative feedback has been left. Well I am upset now because he is on here getting people to block me when it really isn't necessary as I have never had any issues. It was only a $30 card so it wasn't even that big of a deal I just didn't want a bad auto on the card when I felt as many would it should have been in the description when he clearly stated all defects would be listed. It was not. So it is both our faults, mine not looking it over and his for not listing it yet I am the one members on here are blocking. Bottom line is I never had an issue before and if someone wants to block me shouldn't they block him as well too? It was an honest mistake on both people that has been corrected but I don't agree with him posting comments on here to get me blocked when he needs it as well if I get blocked as he is at fault also.

Why would anyone block him for sending the product that was purchased? The picture was clearly offered before you bought the item. If you had a problem with it, the time was before you bid. It's one thing if the defect is hidden from a scan. It's another when it's in plain sight. You got exactly what you paid for and raised issue. That's why many have blocked you.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I have no intention of blocking you over this issue, but if i bought a card with an autograph that was faded or smudged and it was clear in the picture and I missed I would not return the card. I would feel it was my error, and be more careful in my future purchases. I say this because as a buyer it has happened to me and I did not request a refund.

Welcome to the site

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
Fine everyone can block me if they like but I have NEVER had an issue before. Thanks NY for being such an a$$ to me. I am a great seller and buyer on there with this being the only issue. So kill me I returned the card and everything is ok now except people blocking me which I do believe shouldn't happen. I didn't even file a suit. I simply asked him for a refund because of the auto. Yeah I should have looked at the scan better and I am from now on, so thanks for bashing me and just keep the hate train going.

LLWesMan said:
Eef97 said:

Why would anyone block him for sending the product that was purchased? The picture was clearly offered before you bought the item. If you had a problem with it, the time was before you bid. It's one thing if the defect is hidden from a scan. It's another when it's in plain sight. You got exactly what you paid for and raised issue. That's why many have blocked you.

I would have let it die...
By raising the issue again (and trying to defend yourself) is just going to cause more people to block you.
I dont want a bidder who does not look at a scan (especially if its an auto), buys it, then complains....

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
I didn't want to complain. I have bought tons of items on there with no problems at all. Yeah I am done with it and when I buy again on eBay I will be sure to look items over much more closer and ask more questions. I may be at fault but I wasn't the only one. Trust me I did want the card and wish I would have noticed the flaw sooner. So yeah I probably should have just kept it, but I still believe it should have been listed when it stated all defects would be listed (as per seller listing) and it was not even with a scan. So I am done and whoever wants to block me fine, but I will pay and ask all questions to prior to bidding/buying as I should have before. I don't like being seen as a jerk buyer as I have had them before and I do apologize if it looks like I was.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
You gotta look at the auto if it is a little smudged or off the card that is up to the buyer 100% of the time. You also have to understand how some sellers would block you because of this. Its a buyer world out there and ebay has them hold all the power. From your last post it does seem like you realize this now and maybe some people will unblock you.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Well, you said yourself "it's only a $30 card." Be a man about it and take what you paid for and what was shown in the auction. If you are that unhappy, relist it yourself and get some or all of your money back that way.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
Thanks for the replies and trust me this was the one time issue with no bad intentions. I definately do not want to be considered "one of those buyers" as I really am not. I sell on there also and I do realize that from now on I should be more careful when buying on there so I don't waste a sellers money or time. This has helped me become a better eBayer and I would be certain that through this whole ordeal me and the seller were polite, no bad feedback was left, no claims were filed. We settled it very civilized and if I had it to do over again I would've have just traded it at a show or sold it myself. So I apologize to all and I am now a much more careful buyer for both my sake and the sellers. Thanks FCB for helping me out.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I believe the guy had a right to ask for a refund. It should have stated that the auto had something wrong with it. You guys are so quick to block people its ridiculous. He doesnt appear to be a ***** about, just asked for a refund. I have read some of the other horror stories on here where people deserved to be blocked, but not this guy. Everybody is bound to have a bad Ebay transaction or a misunderstanding, so lets block everybody. When one guy has a "minor" problem with someone, why would people that never even dealt with that person block him? If the disgruntled seller jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow? Seems childish to me.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I've no beef with the OP one way or the other. However to think every eBay transaction has to be perfect or has to run according to a 'set procedure' all the time is silly to say the least. eBay itself allows for occasional gaffes and has the same kinds of problems as any other venue...it isn't perfect and neither are the people who buy and/or sell. Its actually amazing that eBay works as well as it does.

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
henderson939 said:
I believe the guy had a right to ask for a refund. It should have stated that the auto had something wrong with it. You guys are so quick to block people its ridiculous. He doesnt appear to be a ***** about, just asked for a refund. I have read some of the other horror stories on here where people deserved to be blocked, but not this guy. Everybody is bound to have a bad Ebay transaction or a misunderstanding, so lets block everybody. When one guy has a "minor" problem with someone, why would people that never even dealt with that person block him? If the disgruntled seller jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow? Seems childish to me.
Smart post imo. While I agree he should have kept it and sold it on his own, If he didnt file a negative and wasn't a dick about it, then just move on. Shelby miller cards sell easily, he may even get more for it next go around. I only block someone who is completely unreasonable, and leaves a negative. It's getting ridiculous now, negatives over snow, and blocking for a refund and no negative feedback. Come on guys

Wes

OG
Administrator
henderson939 said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that people blocked him because they don't want the same thing happening to them. Whatever the problem is, sellers are within their rights to do whatever they feel is appropriate to avoid them. I didn't block the OP for the record.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Why would people assume that this is a common practice in every transaction this guy makes? Wouldnt his feedback show that? It seems stupid to block a potential customer because somebody else had a problem with the guy.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
henderson939 said:
Why would people assume that this is a common practice in every transaction this guy makes? Wouldnt his feedback show that? It seems stupid to block a potential customer because somebody else had a problem with the guy.

Sellers would not be able to leave him anything other than positive feedback.

Members online

Latest posts